HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this info off of Impact Guns website:

USP COMPACT VARIANTS:

Variant 1 DA/SA with control lever (safety/decocking lever) on left. Standard model.
Variant 2 DA/SA with control lever (safety/decocking lever) on right.
Variant 3 DA/SA with control lever (decocking lever) on left.
Variant 4 DA/SA with control lever (decocking lever) on right.
Variant 5 DAO with control lever (safety lever) on left.
Variant 6 DAO with control lever (safety lever) on right.
Variant 7 DAO with no control lever.
Variant 9 DA/SA with control lever (safety lever) on left.
Variant 10 DA/SA with control lever (safety lever) on right.

However, I just bought a USP CT .45 in Variant 1 and for the life of me, I don't see any "decocking" feature. I don't see any mention of it in my owner's manual either. From what I can tell, the safety is just that....a safety and nothing more. Seems more like a Variant 9 than a 1.

Is Impact Guns' website wrong? If not, how do I safely drop the hammer with a round in the chamber?

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
25 Posts
If your pistol is variant 1 the de-cock lever is the safety lever. There is a fairly stiff resistance as you push down on the lever so you don't drop the hammer accidentally if you're carrying hammer back/safety on. Just push past the resistance and the lever will go down and the hammer will safely drop. The hammer drops very hard so I always put my thumb in it's path and slowly let the hammer down, you don't need to do this however.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Sean,

The safety lever in the up position (indicator at "S") is in the safe position. The safety lever in the down position (indicator at "F") is in the fire position. Now with your pistol with no ammo in it and the hammer back, you can pivot the safety lever even further down and it will cause the hammer to fall (decock). Try this with snap caps in place. That is the decocking feature and as Sertory mentions, you'll feel some resistance but it will pivot in such a way if your CT is V1. If you are doing it correct, there's no need to worry about "breaking" something. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your pistol is variant 1 the de-cock lever is the safety lever. There is a fairly stiff resistance as you push down on the lever so you don't drop the hammer accidentally if you're carrying hammer back/safety on. Just push past the resistance and the lever will go down and the hammer will safely drop. The hammer drops very hard so I always put my thumb in it's path and slowly let the hammer down, you don't need to do this however.
God, I feel like a total moron now. Thanks. :lol:

Ya, I pushed down on it when I first got it and wondered why there was so much play past the "fire" position, but with the plastic lever, I was afraid I might break something if I kept pushing on it.

Thanks for the info.

Sean

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sean,

The safety lever in the up position (indicator at "S") is in the safe position. The safety lever in the down position (indicator at "F") is in the fire position. Now with your pistol with no ammo in it and the hammer back, you can pivot the safety lever even further down and it will cause the hammer to fall (decock). Try this with snap caps in place. That is the decocking feature and as Sertory mentions, you'll feel some resistance but it will pivot in such a way if your CT is V1. If you are doing it correct, there's no need to worry about "breaking" something. :D

Thanks much. I can't believe I didn't figure that out on my own. Sorry for the stupid question.

Sean

·
Registered
851 Posts
Not stupid at all Sean. You were just being safe and careful and you actually did the smart thing by asking for help. Have fun with your CT!

·
Registered
510 Posts
No worries mate. Not a stupid question at all. You just didn't know and you were smart enough to ask. There are a lot of stupid people I see at the range from time to time, because they don't bother to ask, so they do stupid things.
Glad to have another smart HK user onboard, welcome

1 - 7 of 7 Posts