HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that own or have shot both, what are the "improvements" on the P2000 -- other than the interchangeable backstraps, ambidextrious slide release and hammer located decocker?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a USPc in 9mm and a P2000 V3 in .40.

To me, the P2000 is the better pistol in regard to ergonomics, handling, reliability, and accuracy (not that I can hit the broad side of a barn, mind you).

Until I got about 400 rounds thru the gun, the USP had a few feed and stovepipe problems. Seems to be shooting fine now, but I just don't trust it. With about 400 rounds thru it, the P2000 has had no problems at all.

Being a lefty, maybe I'm not the best person to comment on handling and ergonomics. But I will say the swapable backstrap on the 2K is really nice.

Knowing what I know now, if I had to choose b/t the USPc and the P2000 I would pick the P2000 and never give it another thought.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've shot both a USPc in 40 and a P2000 in 40. I have never experienced a problem with either, but I do prefer the ergonomics of the P2000 over the USPc. It just feels better in my hand, which for me has translated to a little bit tighter groups when shooting. I would have no problem with either one in any situation, the P2000 just feels better to me.

·
Registered
429 Posts
The p2000 is nothing more than an updated USPc. They are almost identical pistols in terms of functionality. The P2k has updated ergos and rail, and a different appearing slide. the barrel is slightly longer.

However, you can take a USP and P2k of the same caliber and swap the entire slide assembly from one gun to the next and they work fine.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I agree with what's been said so far, I like the P2K better than the USPc.

If you have to have the option of carrying 'cocked and locked' then the USPc is way to go. Otherwise the P2K is the better pistol IMO.

I still regret selling my P2K. I should have waited to get a confirmation that the P30L was going to be released in the US before I got rid of it. You live and you learn I guess..

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've carried my compact 40 for the last few years and just bought the P2000sk. It is just a little smaller, but it makes / feels like it conceals much better. It is very accurate but you give up 3 rounds. I just ordered a new holster and will make it my new carry piece. For me, they are both about the same it just comes down to conceal-ability (is that a word?) and I like the sk for that.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
For some reason I prefer the USPc. The P2000 is a great gun too, I just hold the USP as the standard by which all other pistols are judged. ;)

Also, the SK with the finger extension on the mags. is uncomfortable to me and I think the Glock 26 w/ finger extensions actually feels better. Your finger actually rests in the groove, instead of over it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts