HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to do a little update to my (AD)USP45c. Ordered a new extractor to replace the purple existing one, night sights, and GGG rail adapter.

I'm a little worried about screwing something up when I remove and install the extractor. Any other spare parts or tools that I would need for the job? I would be glad to hear from some of you who have recently replaced the extractor. Thanks.

Also I read through some old threads and got some good advice, but if anyone has a good link about the extractor install please post it.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Super easy. 2 mins. Need a hammer and punch. straight forward.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Assuming it's similar to my USP, when you're hammering the pin back in, as soon as the pitch changes, stop. Flip the slide over, center the extractor (use a flashlight if you have to), then finish hammering it in. You might not have to center the extractor. I have to do that probably 2 out of 3 times I install my extractor.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Was the existing extractor malfunctioning? I have a new USP Compact 9mm with a purple extractor, until it breaks/malfunctions it wont be replaced. Drive out the roll pin from underneath the slide, not from the top. Dont drive it all the way out, just enough to free the spring/extractor. Hold on to the extractor as its under spring pressure

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I'll will update you when the parts come in this week.

Kost, the extractor doesn't need changing. I just got on a roll buying parts on Hk parts.net. The gun was purchased used and I just wanted to restore it a bit. I know the new one will be purple in a few years too. Hopefully it will continue to rune flawlessly with me tinkering a bit.

Thanks again for the tips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts