HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took one of my USPf 45's out and a couple of shells flew straight back. When I picked up the cases, I noticed little nicks in each one. Then I looked at the gun and can see that they are hitting the slide on the rear part of the ejection port.

I did oil the gun with a light coat of remoil before shooting as it was in the safe for two years without firing.

Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'd say first off a good cleaning followed by a proper lube. Two years likely means any oil on it back then has turned into gum, and that's quite some time for dust to collect.

Just to be safe, inspect both the extractor and ejector while you're cleaning it. They should be fine, but look for anything that appears chipped, and make sure the extractor moves freely with a decent amount of force needed to move it. My first instinct is low slide velocity (something gummy slowing it down), but it could also be a sticky extractor or another issue altogether.

·
Banned
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd did give it a light cleaning. I was worried it was too lubricated but hopefully it is corrected next time out. Hate having the slide wear from shells.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts