HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK when last we left our Vector "paperweight" it would not eject any rounds right out of the box. Back to Vector - a month later and it's back. They claim to have replaced the ejector and ejector spring.

OK - at the range today. It now ejects only 3-5 rounds before failing to eject and failing miserably. In addition, on two occasions, the bolt and traveler actually got stuck in the receiver so as to require field stripping of the weapon to get it loose.

Called Vector - talked with "chuck" the "HK tech". Explain problem. Chuck asks about ammo. Told him I used 3 kinds. American Eagle 180gr., 180gr factor reload and 180gr Blazer - had the same problem with all 3.

Check says - "remember, it's not and HK - its a copy of an HK" (his words) and that "these aren't German machinists making these." (his words). (my thoughts - no **** - if the Germans made it, it would work!!"

Chuck says the V94 is VERY sensitive to ammo. I said didn't you test fire it? He said yes and that he used some brand of ammo I'd never heard of (F&B??) and Winchester white box. Basically, it will only shoot those ammos reliably? I asked. Well send it back with your ammo and I will see what I can do he says. He claims that adjustments need to be made for each kind of ammo I use. (sure all the world's Special forces and police weapons teams us the MP5 so that they can only use one kind of ammo with it)

Called Adam Weber with HKparts.net and told him. Needless to say - he claimed "Chuck" was wrong and that I needed to replace the Vector ejection parts with HK parts. I ordered them on the spot ($150.00)

Asked Chuck if I couldn't just swap out the Vector parts for the HK originals - he says "no guarantee".

Thanks Chuck. . .

I will continue the saga when I get the extractor parts from Adam.

David

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think I remember that this was a 40cal, correct? It it is indeed then it should not be all that ammo sensitive if at all. I have shot post sample 40's that would eat about anything. 10's are a different story, they are quite ammo sensitive and require diff. locking pieces for different stength loads. Yours should not be that sensitive, certainly not as sensitive as "chuck" says it is, no way. Time to start swapping out parts for orig. HK parts.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I remember that this was a 40cal, correct? It it is indeed then it should not be all that ammo sensitive if at all. I have shot post sample 40's that would eat about anything. 10's are a different story, they are quite ammo sensitive and require diff. locking pieces for different stength loads. Yours should not be that sensitive, certainly not as sensitive as "chuck" says it is, no way. Time to start swapping out parts for orig. HK parts.
Yeah, that's what I figured. My 93 would feed a rock if I let it! At any rate - I guess I can slowly replace everything but the receiver if I had to. (only if I really had to)

Thanks for the encouragement.

David

·
Registered
347 Posts
I ordered the extractor, extractor, and ejector lever from Adam for my V89-40L. The ejector lever did not fit. I put the stock Vector piece back in. I plan on going to the range tomorrow to see the results of the HK mags and extractor/extractor spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts