HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently picked up a P30 V2 and wanted to convert to light LEM. I know v1 is what is considered light lem but a friend of mine today mentioned that there is a v4.1? I have done the spring swap (fpb and trs) on an hk45 and p2000sk before to make them light lem before. What would be different about going the 4.1 route? would that also make is as light as the V1 for the p30? from what I understand the main point of it is to lessen travel. Please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Banned
474 Posts
V4.1 is 10 mm trigger travel instead of 15 mm. If you use all springs light, it will be as light as V1. But I recommend to use ligth firing pin block spring, standart blue hammer spring, nickel plated sear spring and medium TRS originally designed for
V4.1. Because with light TRS trigger reset is slow. With medium TRS trigger is not heavy and reset is fast. I am using this setup for almost two years now. Trigger reset will be same for all trigger variants - 7 mm - long. If you want shorter reset,
contact Rick Holm from Lazy Wolf Guns, he can do some pretty god magic on this trigger.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool thanks. I made it v1 for now. I will probably get those extra parts in the future. On the other hand have someone who wants to trade me a usp9 FS lem with ns and 6 mags for my p30. I'm unsure if I want to do that. I know the triggers on the usp are better but ergos go to the p30 but texture on the grip is abrasive and can be aggravating at times when I carry. Can't afford to buy another either.

·
Registered
446 Posts
have someone who wants to trade me a usp9 FS lem with ns and 6 mags for my p30.
I'd take that in a heartbeat, but I like USPs (fwiw, I have USPs and P30s). *Not* saying you should -- if you don't like the USP grip, there's no reason to trade into a gun you're not going to like.

Now, if your buddy wants to trade for someone else's P30L and he's on the East Coast, and the USP FS is in excellent condition, ... ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't mind the usp grip at all I have decent sized hands. The p30 grip is sex though lol. I just hate the groove in them and my hk45. I just wish the p30 had usp or hk45 type trigger and no groove in the trigger guard then it would be hands down best 9mm imo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts