• Spurred

Votes: 10 55.6%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a fun thread.

I was watching movie clips with HK's and came to the conclusion that the bobbed hammer makes a HK look sooooo good. I don't care about LEM or DA/SA but I do wish that HK would have put spurred hammers on all of the P-Series, and HK45 variants, but then no one would be able to thumb co*k the hammer. What do you guys and gals prefer?

By the way, does anyone know if Mila Kunis took Denzel's HK45? Mila Kunis with a HK45 and Rayban glasses... Hubba Hubba

·
Registered
783 Posts
I admit I like the look of the bobbed... but the functionality of thumbing a spurred hammer trumps it for me. This is referring to a non carry gun. Luckily I have both hammers for my Expert. Cool post.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
By the way, does anyone know if Mila Kunis took Denzel's HK45? Mila Kunis with a HK45 and Rayban glasses... Hubba Hubba
Watching The Book of Eli while applying for a job right now, actually.

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
If it is LEM then bobbed, but I need a spurred hammer for DA/SA. It is a requirement. I don't know if you have tried to thumb down a bobbed hammer.....blows. (yes I know they can be dry fired, old habit, lets just leave it at that)

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Thanks! and if you know anyone working in the US State Dep. HR, give them a wink and nudge on my application!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Speaking of the Book of Eli.....

Awww man, this part sucks. George and Martha are awesome, so sad to see them schwacked.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Speaking of the Book of Eli.....

Awww man, this part sucks. George and Martha are awesome, so sad to see them schwacked.
Martha "I just set out the good china"
George "Oh f*** the china"
LOL

Hey goodluck and Godbless man.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it is LEM then bobbed, but I need a spurred hammer for DA/SA. It is a requirement. I don't know if you have tried to thumb down a bobbed hammer.....blows. (yes I know they can be dry fired, old habit, lets just leave it at that)
Yea how do people thumbcock a bobbed hammer on the USP's?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Thumbing them down is super tough, and downright dangerous on a loaded chamber (not saying you're doing that navyman, in fact I'm sure you would not). Darebear, thumbing the hammer back on a bobbed hammer is not all that tough. Before I converted my fathers USP40C to light LEM, he did it all the time at the range.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Shouldn't be "thumbing down" hammers in the first place. Bad habit, right there.

"Thumbcock" Darebear, come on dude.

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
I don't do it on a loaded chamber ever. It is just a habit, my uncle is a master gunsmith (a real one, not a bass pro commando) and when we look at very high dollar pieces you can't dry fire them (I am studying under him). In fact I have seen people at auctions and gun shows break very very expensive/rare guns doing that. That is where I got that from. Forced habit.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts