HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First, thanks for a great site that’s answered most of my initial questions. I’m in the market for a V51 or V51K to SBR but have come up short in finding full SBR specs on weight unloaded/loaded, and A3 stocked length collapsed/extended. If you have the numbers handy please post them or suggest a link.

Also, if you have any suggestions where I could see one fired within a few hours from Philadelphia, I’d appreciate the advice. This would be my first .308 SBR & YouTube isn’t the best source for gauging recoil & muzzle flash. I've been an AR guy to this point and have had the chance to play with a friend's MP5. My .308 experience is limited to bolt guns.

edit:
No plans for the forseeable future in placing a sear in this SBR. I want an ultra short .308 semi-auto since it's a caliber I already reload.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
First question is what will the application / reason for buying? Will this be a sear host or a stand along SBR? Assume in either case, like most of us, this is mostly as a range toy, and if you are looking to get the most "bang" (or muzzle flash ;-) for you money then is an interesting option. However, the muzzle flash / pressure wave on the "HK51 is impressive and tends to indicate why the HK53 (5.56) was a factory gun and the "HK"51 was not. Recoil of the "HK"51s tends to be less than the full size HK91/G3 to me (lower muzzle velocity). Agree that would be a good idea to test drive before buying.

Myself looking at having a G3K made with a ~ 12.5" barrel, however, similar to you would like to test drive before "buying".

Regards
John

·
Registered
571 Posts
I may be willing to help. Pm me.
With all the hype about 51k recoil and flash it really is pretty manageable. Nothing near as bad as a pistol grip fired 12gauge shotgun.

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Want to know what it looks like? Here's the reason I have been out of touch for a couple of weeks...

Twin HK51 - YouTube

·
Registered
10,255 Posts

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Yeah, hey... Mike (my photographer) wants your email and contact info... PM me the gory details... he has some stuff for you.

Russian Gun - YouTube

·
Registered
10,255 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
That's funny,I actually emailed him last night.He sent me a few pictures this morning.I hope you don't mind but I posted a link to the videos on weaponsguild.I posted the few pictures I had of the shoot there too.I'd put up the one of me and your 51k but the guy who was taking it for me only got me unloading it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts