HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey HK pro, turns out the vector v53 that has a 16inch barrel and faux suppressor has a lp #15. Ive maybe shot 150 rounds of 556 xm193 and developed a very light roller mark on the inside of the rail towards the rear. Im pretty anal retentive about roller marks and want to nip this in the bud. Ill be changing out the recoil spring and assembly, checking bolt gap as well. Assuming gap is within spec could just a spring and a lp #7 fix this? I like the gun but am worried ill be shooting it quite a bit until i get around to a stamp for it, without addressing the marks in my experience on an mke i owned, they just keep getting bigger assuming normal pressure ammo. Feedback is highly appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Buffered bolt group?
Or
Buffer in stock?

Broken buffers?

FYI in my 33k I run both buffers.
Check all your springs

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You need to tell us the bot gap.
Bolt gap is measured at .016. I think that's just about ideal no? The rear of the stock as marks of overfunction from the buffer on the carrier and the roll marks tells me bolt velocity is excessive. Im leaning towards to the spring and locking piece.

·
Vendor
6,878 Posts
Sounds like the system is over pressuring I would definitely check the bolt gap again and make sure you do not reading false bolt gap. If the barrel has pushed to far forward in the trunion it can give you false readings this will cause over pressuring and damage to the rear of the receiver. The carrier is impacting the rear stock at high velocity causing the rollers to pop out. I would also check the roller pockets in the trunion and make sure there is no damage in that area I have seen this many times usually this is the cause of the recoil problem. Just something to check hope you figure it out

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like the system is over pressuring I would definitely check the bolt gap again and make sure you do not reading false bolt gap. If the barrel has pushed to far forward in the trunion it can give you false readings this will cause over pressuring and damage to the rear of the receiver. The carrier is impacting the rear stock at high velocity causing the rollers to pop out. I would also check the roller pockets in the trunion and make sure there is no damage in that area I have seen this many times usually this is the cause of the recoil problem. Just something to check hope you figure it out
Just checked again, locked open checked clear, slapped into battery, trigger pulled. Feeler gauge was tight at .016 less tight at .015 and smooth in at .014. The roller pockets look clean no gouges or marks. Is it normal to run a hk53 lp on a 16 inch gun? My understanding is that the lp15 is to unlock the gun faster due to the shorter barrel. Assuming the barrel is much longer the bolt is unlocking slightly too quickly increasing carrier velocity. The marks are fairly light but id rather just get this fixed before i run 2k through it and have to re press the receiver.

·
Vendor
6,878 Posts
A 53 should have an 8 inch barrel if it doesn't I would run a number 8 locking peace. Most of the V53 have a 8 inch barrel. Also take a flashlight and look down into the trunnion to see where the barrel was setting the barrel should stick out just a little bit if the barrel is recessed down below the
Trunnion face. This can cause the bolt head to move forward giving a false reading. Sorry I was under the understanding that this was a 53 if its not you definitely want to run a number 8 locking peace.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A 53 should have an 8 inch barrel if it doesn't I would run a number 8 locking peace. Most of the V53 have a 8 inch barrel. Also take a flashlight and look down into the trunnion to see where the barrel was setting the barrel should stick out just a little bit if the barrel is recessed down below the
Trunnion face. This can cause the bolt head to move forward giving a false reading. Sorry I was under the understanding that this was a 53 if its not you definitely want to run a number 8 locking peace.
Yeah that's what i figured, the gun is a 53 with a 16 inch barrel. So any hk33 lp should work fine. The barrel looks set rear of the trunnion slightly towards the bold face as is from what i can tell similar to hk33 ive seen so i don't think that looks off, plus it bears square marks from the bolt face. Cartridges feed fine and have no sign of improper headspace. I think vector put in the lp15 assuming the barrel would get cut down for an SBR little did they know 41F would take place and id be stuck shooting it for a lot longer. So my plan then is a new spring and lp 8, check gap adjust with any rollers with necessary.

·
Vendor
6,878 Posts
Also make sure or the bolt carrier neck is not touching the cocking handle support this could also give false bolt gap readings. If the barrel is 16 inches you definitely want to change the LP. Can you post pictures of the gun. It's weird that they made it that way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also make sure or the bolt carrier neck is not touching the cocking handle support this could also give false bolt gap readings. If the barrel is 16 inches you definitely want to change the LP. Can you post pictures of the gun. It's weird that they made it that way.
Thanks alot for the help and quick replies ghillie, im looking forward to getting a few more roller locked guns and having someone with technical expertise it very valuable. 

1 - 13 of 13 Posts