HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Fleming sear. My transfer took 28 days from the time I mailed my form 4 to my delaer until he received a approved form back. Way too fast. I gathered up the parts to install my sear in a pack. What I didn't notice is I do not have a F/A bolt. So hear I sit with everything in the cage and in a clipped and pinned SEF housing and V89 with B&T stock and the fn bolt will not release the trip.

Should I weld it up or try to trade the semi bolt off to someone?
Cruizer

·
Registered
360 Posts
I also made the mistake of not ordering my V89s with F/A carriers. I learned it was something you had to ask for at the time of your order. Mine was unfired & Vector offered to trade mine out for a F/A carriers for the going price difference. I think it was less than $100. Not sure they will trade it if it is fired. But worth a try.

·
Registered
996 Posts
A full auto carrier can be found rather easily. Just post a WTB ad here or look on gunbroker. I think I saw one on Gunbroker just a couple of days ago.

·
Registered
10,274 Posts
Another $300? WTF
I guess I'll weld it up. It will take less than 30min.
Oh, this orta be good.... can't wait to hear the results.

Seriously, send it out. Welding it up will soften the carrier. And that ain't all. Besides that now you've got to grind in the right ramp curvature in your newly rewelded carrier. That's part of the timing.

Lee Tool & Machine did several for me. Great work, good turn around time.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Oh, this orta be good.... can't wait to hear the results.

Seriously, send it out. Welding it up will soften the carrier. And that ain't all. Besides that now you've got to grind in the right ramp curvature in your newly rewelded carrier. That's part of the timing.

Lee Tool & Machine did several for me. Great work, good turn around time.
+1

You gotta heat treat it after welding if you want it to stay in tact. Same with Auto Sears, if you weld them up for timing, you gotta heat treat them back into spec.

I would call Vector and see if they can trade you, Or sell the old carrier to fund the new one. Far less problems in the long run.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts