HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am new even though I joined quite a while ago. Just haven't been around much. I am wanting to pick up a V93 shortly. What, if any, parts have a tendency to need to be upgraded or replaced? I know they are much higher quality than the C93. I am just wondering on things like the barrels, trigger groups and housings. Also, is the furniture higher quality than the painted over C93 furniture? Thanks for any help.

TG

·
Registered
38 Posts
I own both but my experience with the V93 is far superior to the C93 in all aspects. I admit I don't have but a few
hundred rounds downrange on the Vector but they have been flawless and the bolt gap is stable, I can't say that
about the Century, it has ok days and days I want to run over it with the truck. They are simply two different classes of
firearm in my opinion. I will say the Century might be more accurate given it's faster twist with heavier bullets, but the
Vector with 55 grainers is just stupid accurate. I would think you would have many, many rounds of fun before you broke
your Vector.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
My V93 has been great to shoot and loads of fun. I don't believe you'll need to replace anything out of the box if you're just looking for a solid semi auto shooter. The furniture on mine is a little bit rough to the touch, since it was the original stuff but it had been blasted by something to remove dings and crud. It looks nice and shoots nice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

-Runinamuck, what is the twist rate on the V93? I have plenty of 55gr ammo for it, but just wondering what the twist rate is. Thanks again.

TG

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine is a 1:12 twist using the cleaning rod and patch method. I think most if not
all of them have that twist rate. Good luck with it, they are a trainload of fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts