HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made my first trip into the HK world by purchasing a V93. I didn't do my homework first but jumped out and bought a collapsible stock to change out the fixed stock. The seller of the collapsible one said it was a true HK. I cannot find any markings on it whatsoever. It has the recoil spring and rod integral with the butt stock. The fixed stock has the recoil guide rod and spring with it and it is slightly shorter than the guide rod on the sliding stock. I called Vector and they said they had to modify the slider to fit the V93 to the tune of $100. Anyone out there have any past experience doing this sort of swap?
Thanks in advance for you wisdom.
Bruce

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
How many pin holes does the retractable stock have? If it has two then it is for a 91 type rifle. I think Vector modifies the 91 type retractable stocks to fit the 93s.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
V93 Stock

It has two holes. What mods are necessary? Would be better to just sell it and take the hit?
Thanks for your replies.
Bruce

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought the one hole stock from Vector arms and it is a easy swap. Pull the pin, pull the stock to the rear. Open the collaspable stock and install. Push pin back in. Done.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Seems like you would be better off selling the G3/91 stock and getting a 33/93 stock. Just looking at the two it would take a lot of modification to get a G3/91 stock to work on a 33/93.

Unfortunately, the 33/93 stocks a not as common and cost a bit more than the G3/91 stocks. The A3 stocks that Vector sells look like they have the shorter (MP5/94) length forks on them.

Best of luck, and you should really enjoy your V93.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help

Thanks guys for the help on the HK/Vector stock swap. Will try to sell the HK91 and get the Vector one.
BJB48

1 - 6 of 6 Posts