HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I swapped my USPF 9mm from Lem to V1. This gun came from the factory with the Lem trigger. I picked up the kit on here from a great member. Everything installed fine and function checks perfectly. I noticed when I reinstalled the slide that it felt like it was binding. The more I look at it, it appears to be rubbing the trigger bar. I can see rub marks at the front near the trigger. The front nipple is in the divet and the rear of the bar is on the detent and working properly. Something is causing it to bind, and the slide does not release or move to the rear freely. This was the smoothest HK I have, and now it feels awful.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks so much,

Adam

·
Registered
815 Posts
I think you'll get the most out of the forum, by posting some pictures of the problem.

A picture's worth a thousand words.

Plus, some experienced members may be able to see something - that you aren't seeing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will to get some pictures up later. I can not tell any difference between it and the others, but maybe I am missing something. All I know is it came apart fine and I messed it up somewhere.

Adam

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
You need to take pics and show us what it looks like. It's hard to diagnose the problem without looking at it.

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
Would it make any difference what gun the v1 parts go in? This is an 05 9mm.

Adam
What V1 parts did you get? They shouldn't make any difference, unless these parts came from a P30, P2000/SK or HK45/45C and you try to fit them into a USP. The USPc parts may fit the USP full-size with the exception of the bobbed hammer, I think. Did you get the bobbed or spurred hammer?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will get some pictures up in a bit. I took it apart again to try and make sure that everything went in correctly. Everything seems to be where it needs to be. It operates fine, it just seems to be dragging on something. From what I can tell and what I was told, the parts are from a 9mm USP. It is a spurred hammer.

Thanks,

Adam

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I sold him V1 parts to a fullsize USP (and very probable 9mm).

email sent gafirefighter..
I do not doubt you at all. I trust that these parts are the correct ones for sure. If anything it is something I am not doing right. The parts were just as described .

Adam

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are the pictures that I could actually get into focus. I can not tell any difference between this one and the other USP pistols that I own. Maybe you all will see something I can not.

Thanks again. This site and all of you are a great help.

Adam

·
Registered
815 Posts
hmmm...

Just a thought. I think the sear axle needs to be flush on the right hand side of the frame. It looks like yours is popped out +1/32"....could this be causing the drag?...

Other than that...I got nothin'!

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
Can you take a close-up of the disconnector? Or better yet, if you could remove the catch and show us how the disconnector is installed in the frame, that'd be best.

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
hmmm...

Just a thought. I think the sear axle needs to be flush on the right hand side of the frame. It looks like yours is popped out +1/32"....could this be causing the drag?...

Other than that...I got nothin'!
Mine is exactly like his, but no problems with mine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here are the best I can get for tonight. I could not get a get picture into the frame. Hope this helps.

Thanks again,

Adam

·
Premium Member
2,619 Posts
from the pictures (and comparing to pics in the LEM installation instructions) it looks like the catch sits a little back too much towards the hammer. is it seated/threaded correctly?

see picture of 2-piece catch

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When I compared the parts to the USP diagram, the catch that is in my gun matches the part used in the HK45, not the USP 45. Not sure why that is. This is the part that came in this gun. I am very good friends with the original owner, and have been shooting it with him since he bought it in 05. It has not been taken down until today. This catch actually seems to rest on the hammer at 1/2 cocked, where my others do not touch. I noticed this earlier, but do not see where it would cause an issue. The hammer moves as it should from what I can tell.

Adam

1 - 20 of 25 Posts