HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well - in short - a $1,500.00 paper weight!

Brand new out of the box Vector 94. (MP5 40) It refused to extract a single round! Of any type of ammo. (three different kinds used). Visually doesn't look bad, but just won't extract anything. Each round fired just left inside to gum up the next round. Weapon had a tag saying it was test fired, but obviously only test fired with only single round.

Now time to see how the Vector Arms customer service wing works. I already know that their quality control department leaves much to be desired.

With great disappointment,

David

·
Registered
115 Posts
Litigator,

Sorry to hear about that. Mine ran flawlessly (250+ rounds) with everthing under the sun as far as ammo. Vector customer service should do you right... Good luck.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I get mine on Wed. I hope it isn't a paper weight. I wonder if the mag is working properly. Did you try an HK mag yet? I have read the HK mags tend to make a difference.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have the factory mag and five of the HK ones. No problems. I did clean the chamber and ran a brush through the barrel before going to the range. I did not clean off all of the factory grease on the inside (per the instructions)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Range report

Thanks Detective, but not a single round ever left the receiver. (What was happening is that the ejector would take the spent cart. from the firing chamber but would then dump it into the receiver where it would gum up the next shot.) That is not a minor issue - obviously there was a significant error in the ejection system. Vector has been good so far. They answered my phone call immediately and are sending a UPS return label for me to send it back to them. I will keep everyone posted.

David

·
Registered
732 Posts
I had some QC issues when I received my V93. After much work and effort the thing finally works right. It is downright accurate too, with decent handloads shooting right at 1 MOA at 100 yards. The paddle mag release wouldn't work at all. The fitment of the forend was sloppy, and still is. The stock was a travesty, pinching off the back of the receiver so that the bolt carrier would bind in that spot. The lower receiver/pistolgrip assembly would slop around something fierce, forward and aft. The trigger required a gorilla to actuate.

After nearly 1/2 year, I am pleased to say I got all these issues worked out. It runs well now.

Seems to me that before shipping one of these things Vector would do well to inspect the rifle, fire maybe 40 rounds or something to make sure it all works as it should. The paddle mag release was obvious to anybody who would look at it, as it wouldn't move at all.

They are courteous over the phone to deal with, and while they never offered to send a call tag or any such thing for me, I was able to rectify my concerns myself. I just think I shouldn't have to have done that.

Sigh.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Just a suggestion, clean the chamber very well again, especially getting into the flutes. It should be left clean with no oil residue left. That might be the problem.

Bill

·
Registered
13 Posts
Vector Purchase

I am now worried. I just purchased a Vector V51A2 (.308) and I am waiting on my SBL permit to go through. I hope this is not a very pricey paperweight.

BTW... does anyone have any recommendations on where one might find extra mags for my V51?

·
Registered
732 Posts
I am now worried. I just purchased a Vector V51A2 (.308) and I am waiting on my SBL permit to go through. I hope this is not a very pricey paperweight.

BTW... does anyone have any recommendations on where one might find extra mags for my V51?

I tried to send you a PM but your account settings don't allow one to do that. I hope to not highjack this thread, but copes distributing had the magazines at a very favorable price point.

·
Banned
384 Posts
I personally have the magazines at a very attractive price point! I have at least 60 of these mags, and would be more than willing to part with 20 or so...and yes I also have steel ones.

Let me know man!

$3 a piece shipped is my money

·
Registered
732 Posts
I personally have the magazines at a very attractive price point! I have at least 60 of these mags, and would be more than willing to part with 20 or so...and yes I also have steel ones.

Let me know man!

$3 a piece shipped is my money

I'll take you up on two of your steel 20 rounders at $3 apiece, it they are in good shape. Please let me know where to send the funds.

Regards,
Stubb.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
V94 Range report update

OK - it's now Dec 13th and I just got my V94 back from Vector. They claim to have changed the ejector and fixed the sights (couldn't hit an 8.5x11 piece of paper at 12 yards out of the box). They sent as "proof", their target. I don't know if it was benched or offhand, but it shot a 5-6" group (two times) at 25 yards. Is it just me or does that seem a bit weak? I can do that with my 1911 offhand (on a good day). Benched, however, I would expect a carbine such as this with a 9 inch plus barrel to be able to do it with a 2-3" group (right?) What says the group. I would be very interested in hearing from anyone with a "real" MP5 or MP5 40.

Now off to the range - let's see what happens. I will keep you posted.

David

·
Registered
10 Posts
They probably just shot it to test the thing, and used the cheapest possible ammo they had on hand. I would imagine that they just tried to get the thing to fire, and didn't care about shooting it accurately.

·
Banned
384 Posts
Sorry, shortcat, I cant let the steels go for $3. I meant I have alum for $3, and also have steel available...

hkx3

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
MP5 Shot Group

OK - it's now Dec 13th and I just got my V94 back from Vector. They claim to have changed the ejector and fixed the sights (couldn't hit an 8.5x11 piece of paper at 12 yards out of the box). They sent as "proof", their target. I don't know if it was benched or offhand, but it shot a 5-6" group (two times) at 25 yards. Is it just me or does that seem a bit weak? I can do that with my 1911 offhand (on a good day). Benched, however, I would expect a carbine such as this with a 9 inch plus barrel to be able to do it with a 2-3" group (right?) What says the group. I would be very interested in hearing from anyone with a "real" MP5 or MP5 40.

Now off to the range - let's see what happens. I will keep you posted.

David
My MP5 Shot a hole about the diameter of 3 - 4 inches from about 15 feet away. I was not really trying to keep it tight and was just shooting for fun.

I know that I could tighten it up if I applied myself. But I enjoyed the 3 round burst too much.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts