HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a V53P. I was told that after applying for BATF Form 1, I could make it into a SBR by removing the barrel extension. I understand there are pins to remove and then the flash hider is screwed on as normal. Is this difficult to do? Would this model, Vector 53P have the 15X1 right hand twist? I have a HK53 birdcage(15X1-RH Twist)and wondered if this would work....I am new to this(V53 & Vector Arms) and want to do all of this correctly. Thanks for the help...........TJ

·
Registered
367 Posts
Not to be an NFA stick in the mud, but you can only do any of that once the Approved Form 1 is received. Not when you apply, you have to wait for the stamp..... My Vector has the HK twist 15x1. Good luck with your project!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies......Absolutely......I will have the BATF paperwork(stamp)in my hand authorizing the change before anything is done. I am concerned about how difficult this would be......I am a novice builder/gunsmith and want to understand the process & not cause myself problems/damage. Thanks again to both of you for the replies & advice........

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Thanks for the replies......Absolutely......I will have the BATF paperwork(stamp)in my hand authorizing the change before anything is done. ........
Yeah, because if you don't they will arresst you, your brother, his dog and confiscate everything you and your parents own and GIVE your gun to a Mexican drug cartel and then accuse you of giving it to them.......On a happier note, it is an easy modification.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
Yeah, because if you don't they will arresst you, your brother, his dog and confiscate everything you and your parents own and GIVE your gun to a Mexican drug cartel and then accuse you of giving it to them.......On a happier note, it is an easy modification.
I suppose there are things that are worse... but not much...

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have seen some **** in my job and been to many a autopsy, but never seen a telephone pole up the rear. things that make yu say Hmmmm.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Man my stomach is turning, I just saw the pics of the .223 damage to human leg tissue as well.
I do what the guy at the head of the bed does for a living and have seen alot worse like a 12ga. to the face. The guy lived but talk about trying to find landmarks eyes, nose, mouth 'cuz dey was gone!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
That wooden john holmes ween replica is more brutal than the guy with the potato and jar of jam in the stinkhole.

I think that guy in that pic actually made a full recovery ad didn't even lose his ween.

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
Saw a Mexican dude come into Parkland ER in the days of yore...both arms in garbage bags (separate from his torso)...ripped not-so cleanly out of joints while operating some sort of hole drilling equipment/auger. Then again have seen a ship 'n' a bottle pulled out of someone's rear end while in Big D. too. And the kid who's motorcycle got stuck on on some railroad tracks. he was drunk...and yes got hit by a train...ripped an arm off. Pretty nasty stuff...but I've never seen a telephone pole in the ER.

I digress. Sorry.

-hh

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Saw a Mexican dude come into Parkland ER in the days of yore...both arms in garbage bags (separate from his torso)...ripped not-so cleanly out of joints while operating some sort of hole drilling equipment/auger. Then again have seen a ship 'n' a bottle pulled out of someone's rear end while in Big D. too.

hh
Off the OP but the things people put in their orfices...what i could tell you..... well, enough of the human condition back to things that go bang.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
If I remember right, that was a wooden piling of a pier and the guy was water skiing. Don't remember the exact story, but that's close enough. He obviously made some good air time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts