HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am once again considering picking one of these up incase '08 is my last hurrah before another ban.

Since I cannot alway afford brass cased ammo for range use, how well do these rifles handle Wolf?

Does B&T make a side folder for it in case I decide I nee a folder?

Also your thoughts and opinions of said rifle is appreciated as well this is a little more than I usually spend on a rifle and mags arent exactly cheap either.

·
Registered
162 Posts
B&T says negatory on the use of their side folder on the 93/53 series.
Go with the latest generation A3 concave model. Wolf? not sure, the steel may chew up the extractor a little sooner...? Supposedly the newer stuff does not have the laquer problem which would build up in the chamber area.

·
Registered
630 Posts
My Vector 53 eats up WOLF ammo without a hiccup, the 53 is just a shorten version of the 93, so you should have no problems with steel case.

Can’t comment on the B&T stock, I have a collapsible one on mine

thoughts and opinions of said rifle is appreciated
VECTOR makes excellent clone of the HK series. I also have their 89 clone looks great and functions perfectly, with a variety of different brands of ammo, from the alum.

As for mags, 25 and 30 rounders they are ridiculously price, no doubt about that. 40 round alum. mag can be had for around 30 bucks or so, not exactly a great deal, but tolerable.

But don't despair, you might come across some mags at a "good price”, I found some 25 round steel mags at a local gunshow for 30 bucks ea. he had 3, he gave me all of them for 80 bucks. Sometimes there are deals at the show.

My advice get one from VECTOR ARMS, they are great people to deal with and their customer service is the best I have seen, and their products are excellent quality. You can't go wrong with VECTOR.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
V93 is a wonderful gun and a blast to shoot, and no fault of Vector (great people) but the recievers are out of spec and not all HK stuff will fit.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I've got a v53 as well as a v33k, no issues using wolf on either. Im in the process of trying to break my b&t sidefolder stock, either by installation and removal, or by recoil of the .223

the slightly out of spec reciever made it a real bear to put on and take off. it also seemed to squeeze the rear of the reciever, and caused one or two firing sequences to result in the carrier sticking to the rear. just have to throw the gun forward like one hand cocking a pump shotgun.

if you have the means, I'd say get one (or two) before the dems get in control and ban everything.

·
Registered
432 Posts
My V93 didn't have any problems eating the wolf.

Now that I'm reloading it doesn't seem to like starting (low) charge reloads, had a few FTExtract/Eject's.
The loads just north of mid recommended charge run just fine.
and of course factory PMC is sweet.

Gun Broker has a lot of what seems to be folding MP5 stocks that must be interchangable with a 93 ??

·
Registered
886 Posts
Should work well, shoot it me Mforgery. Clean the chamber/bore after shooting. I have a V51, exc reliable weapon.

Bill

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got a v53 as well as a v33k, no issues using wolf on either. Im in the process of trying to break my b&t sidefolder stock, either by installation and removal, or by recoil of the .223

Thats good to know!:44:

Did you make it a K model yourself by chopping the barrel to 16"?
Sounds like Id like it better than a full size w/o going ridiculously short like the 53 which i personally have no need for

·
Registered
621 Posts
Did you make it a K model yourself by chopping the barrel to 16"?
Sounds like Id like it better than a full size w/o going ridiculously short like the 53 which i personally have no need for
the 33k was a custom order from vector. 12.5" barrel, and when it was originally made, they shipped it with a pistol cap and it was transfered as a pistol.the guy I purchased it from was originally planning on putting a sear in it.

I had a custom flash hider made to bring it to 16", permanently affixed it, and put the stock on it. so technically it is a pistol, but it meets all the requirements of a rifle, so no sbr tax (yet).

I may end up paying the money for the sbr and chopping that extension back off. I know as a pistol it was REALLY front heavy

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
the 33k was a custom order from vector. 12.5" barrel, and when it was originally made, they shipped it with a pistol cap and it was transfered as a pistol.the guy I purchased it from was originally planning on putting a sear in it.

I had a custom flash hider made to bring it to 16", permanently affixed it, and put the stock on it. so technically it is a pistol, but it meets all the requirements of a rifle, so no sbr tax (yet).

I may end up paying the money for the sbr and chopping that extension back off. I know as a pistol it was REALLY front heavy
You can put a stock on a pistol and not register it as an AOW?

·
Registered
39 Posts
"I had a custom flash hider made to bring it to 16", permanently affixed it, and put the stock on it. so technically it is a pistol, but it meets all the requirements of a rifle, so no sbr tax (yet)."

16 inch barrel should make it legal to put a stock on with out any tax stamps. Take the stock off and hack the F/H off and it's a pistol again:)

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
"I had a custom flash hider made to bring it to 16", permanently affixed it, and put the stock on it. so technically it is a pistol, but it meets all the requirements of a rifle, so no sbr tax (yet)."

16 inch barrel should make it legal to put a stock on with out any tax stamps. Take the stock off and hack the F/H off and it's a pistol again:)
Ah, gotcha. Pistol + 16" barrel + stock = Ok. Pistol + stock = SBR, Pistol + two grips = AOW.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

So its more of an HK53 esque setup than an HK33K?

What twist rate are the Vector 93s?

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
So its more of an HK53 esque setup than an HK33K?

What twist rate are the Vector 93s?
No, it's still more of a 33K. Those 93 pistols have 12.5" barrels and use the 33 style forearm. A 53 has around an 8.5" barrel and uses an extended MP5 forearm. To get to a 16" barrel, it would have to have an 8" long flash hider, which would look ridiculous.

Not sure about twist rate, but likely still 1/12.

·
Registered
621 Posts
yea, the 12.5" barrel doesnt really get me anything due to having to bring it back out to 16" to be legal. although it would be pretty handy with the sbr tax paid.

I believe the twist rate on both of mine are 1/7, but I have never really checked. never had any keyholeing issues yet with any weight of bullet I've ever shot.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DOes anyone make an Aimpoint ring and mount for the 93/33 that will allow you to use your irons through the optic?

I swear by red dots now and may want to add one to it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts