HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Professional Gunslinger
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently went to my SOT's to get the Form 4 paperwork started and while I was there I brought along a mag to see if I could test fire my newest SBR. Well after some lube was applied, mag inserted I attempted to fire off a few rounds. All I can say that this rifle does NOT like South African ammo. I got through about six rounds half of which I had to recock the weapon to chamber the round. After all the trouble on the sixth round the bolt didn't fully lock into battery and actually jammed itself partially shut. After I got the bolt open, took some muscle too, I saw that the rim of the round was fairly chewed up so I ended the test fire. The last round I ejected was unfired and had some serious carbon build up on half of the casing with clean fluting seen on the other half. I was told that Wolf ammo is the way to go and NOT shoot SA because it is usually over pressured and could cause damage to the weapon

Has anyone had any of the above problems, or heard of them, and if you know of a remedy please share.

Thanks for reading and sharing,
Mike

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have a Vector V51 SBR and SA ammo is the only thing I have ever shot thru it. Runs like a sewing machine in semi or full auto. A very loud fire breathing sewing machine but a sewing machine.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I have a V51P, & it loves SA ammo. That's all I shoot in the gun, & I've never had a problem. I use the plastic Thermold mags. While the gun is disgustingly filthy after a trip to the range, I have never had a single problem in 4+ years. My gun was built by Vector on a JLD made receiver. GARY N4KVE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts