HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am interested in the above pistol since now I am into the 7.62x39 caliber. Has anyone have any experience with this HK/AK format???

Thanks for helping a HK fan.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I built an ar15 in the 7.62x39 format and all I can say is , its a fun shooter , highly accurate , ect. , although you will run into problems with finding a magazine that feeds properly, I have a 10 round asc magazine in it , it likes to only hold 8, if you put more you will have problems. I tried the 30 round asc mags as well they seem to only function properly with about 15 rounds , if you load them down all the way to 30 it will only properly feed the first half of the magazine , if you only load half the magazine it will feed that half properly.
I am not sure if that is the same case with the vke-52 , but from what im reading if you use anything other than an ak47 or mini 30 magazine you wont be able to feed 7.62x39. does the vke-52 accept ak47 magazines or mini 30 magazines.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I bought the ptr pistol and the ptr rifle in 7.62x39. They take ak mags but feed better if you slightly widen the feed lips on the top. Shoot me a pm if you have any other questions. I have played with them quite a little bit. The ptr is better than the vector for less money. I own several of each.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I built an ar15 in the 7.62x39 format and all I can say is , its a fun shooter , highly accurate , ect. , although you will run into problems with finding a magazine that feeds properly, I have a 10 round asc magazine in it , it likes to only hold 8, if you put more you will have problems. I tried the 30 round asc mags as well they seem to only function properly with about 15 rounds , if you load them down all the way to 30 it will only properly feed the first half of the magazine , if you only load half the magazine it will feed that half properly.
I am not sure if that is the same case with the vke-52 , but from what im reading if you use anything other than an ak47 or mini 30 magazine you wont be able to feed 7.62x39. does the vke-52 accept ak47 magazines or mini 30 magazines.

Nice group and range!

·
Registered
57 Posts
thanks motoman , that range was psr37 in NC , that was a 16 round grouping ,the 7.62x39 is highly accurate with a free float setup. I was having trouble with the scope though it would not shift anymore to the left , so I will be replacing the scope and getting better looking targets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts