HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does Vector recommend leaving their break in greece for the first 200 round ,but the PTRs don't have the same break in recommendation? Is there a difference in specs between the PTRs and Vector firearms?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
It's likely their use of surplus parts along with a US made receiver do not match 100% right off the bat. A break in period helps settle the parts in, especially when an overspray from a refinish gets into the interior of the receiver.

Break in grease helps the parts cycle a little more smoothly until the surfaces burnish themselves, kind of like lapping the valves on an engine. Some guns really do not require a break in period while others absolutely depend on it before a gun can be trusted to work when needed.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do mean grease, sorry bad spelling. Both PTRs and Vectrors use JLD recievers, but it appeares that the inside of the PTRs are finished different from the Vectors. I think you are right JFK, maybe that is why Vector recommends leaving their breakin grease in for 200rds while the PTRs do not.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Patriot

The one I bought was Powder Coated with overspray inside. The rest of the inside had no finish or Park and was already rusting in the tube and into the upper.

I sent it back for the above reasons, along with a couple other problems I didn't like, so I didn't get to try out the breakin.

gw11

·
Premium Member
2,908 Posts
Patriot

I sent it back for the above reasons, along with a couple other problems I didn't like, so I didn't get to try out the breakin.

gw11
Did they take care of the rusty interior? If so, how?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.