HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does Vector recommend leaving their break in greece for the first 200 round ,but the PTRs don't have the same break in recommendation? Is there a difference in specs between the PTRs and Vector firearms?

·
Registered
376 Posts
You Greece EBO that makes the SAR8 and SAR3 or you mean grease for lubrcation?
Why does Vector recommend leaving their break in greece for the first 200 round ,but the PTRs don't have the same break in recommendation? Is there a difference in specs between the PTRs and Vector firearms?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
It's likely their use of surplus parts along with a US made receiver do not match 100% right off the bat. A break in period helps settle the parts in, especially when an overspray from a refinish gets into the interior of the receiver.

Break in grease helps the parts cycle a little more smoothly until the surfaces burnish themselves, kind of like lapping the valves on an engine. Some guns really do not require a break in period while others absolutely depend on it before a gun can be trusted to work when needed.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do mean grease, sorry bad spelling. Both PTRs and Vectrors use JLD recievers, but it appeares that the inside of the PTRs are finished different from the Vectors. I think you are right JFK, maybe that is why Vector recommends leaving their breakin grease in for 200rds while the PTRs do not.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Patriot

The one I bought was Powder Coated with overspray inside. The rest of the inside had no finish or Park and was already rusting in the tube and into the upper.

I sent it back for the above reasons, along with a couple other problems I didn't like, so I didn't get to try out the breakin.

gw11

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Patriot

I sent it back for the above reasons, along with a couple other problems I didn't like, so I didn't get to try out the breakin.

gw11
Did they take care of the rusty interior? If so, how?

·
Registered
103 Posts
hkshooterusp

I returned it for full credit, so I can't say if they ever repaired the problems I identified. They do have Great Customer Service!

gw11

1 - 7 of 7 Posts