HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I get the same problems with rare Mosins from time to time... had a dealer offer me $350 for an all original, all matching (even the bayonet was stamped matching), 1944 Tula PU sniper with a recycled 1943 receiver and a minty condition non-refurbished 1943 Yoshkar Ola scope because "I can get them snipers from Century for that price all day long. That one just looks prettier and has the wrong stamp on the scope".

It's hard not to be insulted, it's even harder not to sound like an absolute jackboot when explaining the situation to them. However, in a case like this where the quality of the products is so vastly different, it's worth trying to enlighten the dealers so they don't end up selling an inferior product to the unsuspecting customer and turning them off from HK pattern weapons permanently (which almost happened to me when I was younger and a dealer sold me a Century CETME, telling me that it was "everything good about the G3, but with the added bonus of a lower price tag". That burned me so bad I never wanted to touch another HK pattern weapon again, until my friend brought an original HK91 to the range, and explained that it wasn't the design, but the builder that was the problem)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.