HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a Vector mp5 40 but its missing just a few parts i am looking for a .40 cal bolt head complete and a Hammer i didnt know if the hammer was the same as the 9mm. Is there anyone else besides HKParts.net and Robertrtg.com that would have parts.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Get a complete RCM .40 bolt head form HK Parts. The hammer is the same for all calibers. Hammer spring changes with pistol to rifle calibers

·
Registered
316 Posts
If your Vector is anything like mine, buy ALL the HK parts you can for it. I've replaced most everything inside and now the barrel believe it or not. I hope I can get it to work.

·
Vendor
2,157 Posts
If you can afford hk go hk, but your not doing bad by any means with rcm parts. The hammers are the same though they use a different hammer spring by spec, but something that you could probably get by using a 9mmgreat for now. Get a german ejector while you are at it and pray you good one. Some a great some are picky. Mine is gtg, but can take a bit of break in and some people some tears and lots of $$ trying to troubleshoot and eliminate ftf/fte issues

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you can afford hk go hk, but your not doing bad by any means with rcm parts. The hammers are the same though they use a different hammer spring by spec, but something that you could probably get by using a 9mmgreat for now. Get a german ejector while you are at it and pray you good one. Some a great some are picky. Mine is gtg, but can take a bit of break in and some people some tears and lots of $$ trying to troubleshoot and eliminate ftf/fte issues
Yeah, what he said! (i.e. buy the vector for the shell, and through everything else out.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Sometimes the front of the German carrier gets stuck on the smaller diameter charging tube. You might have to trim something to get the required clearance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for the info I got a rcm head coming as soon as I get it in I am going to try it out will let u know how it runs. I just hope it runs as good as my Vector RPD.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Vector made good guns, you can call vector arms direct ask for Scotty, they will sell you some factory parts!

·
Vendor
2,157 Posts
Don't buy factory vector ..40 parts lol if you can buy rcm. You should be gtg. Just get german mags. Makes me curious if any us manufacturers are gonna release a new. 40 mag w all the us made. 40 parts hitting the market. Supply and demand all that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I cant wait for DJF to get them ready to sell i have read a lot of post on his 9mm mags. Just hope he keep the cost down on them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got my bolt head in (RCM) took it out put 100rds thur it ran perfect shoots like a dream now to start buying up some mags and other goodies. I was shooting federal 180 gr fmj and BVAC 180 gr factory reloads feed both very well going to try some Blazer brass and some wolf next trip out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts