HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a V89-40 pistol which is MP5 clone from Vector in 40 s&w. Took it to the range, and it shoots without any problems. Put 200 rounds of various ammo, and no stoppages. However, I noticed that spent rounds eject inconsistently. Some come out with very little force, some very forcefully. Also angles at which spent rounds come out vary grately. May be I am too picky, but I have a couple of hand guns and an AK-47 (M92 Yugo Krink). These guns have very consistent ejection. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
I recently bought a V89-40 pistol which is MP5 clone from Vector in 40 s&w. Took it to the range, and it shoots without any problems. Put 200 rounds of various ammo, and no stoppages. However, I noticed that spent rounds eject inconsistently. Some come out with very little force, some very forcefully. Also angles at which spent rounds come out vary grately. May be I am too picky, but I have a couple of hand guns and an AK-47 (M92 Yugo Krink). These guns have very consistent ejection. Any thoughts?
Use better ammo.

I've noticed this type of anomoly with my SW5 when I'm shooting UMC stuff, but that's cheap-ass ammo. I don't see this sort of thing when shooting S&B ammo. I guess those guys have better quality control than Remington.

·
Registered
316 Posts
V-94

As you can read in my range report saga about my V-94 , after all the trouble I had with mine right out of the box, I'm just happy it ejects at all (and I am not particular about where it throws the empties as long as they are OUT of the gun)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Work the gun and see how far the ejector is away from the bolt, if it is to far it won't hit them hard and at a wrong angle. I had this problem with my G3 it wasn't sending them out very good and I had a nasty jam. I raised the trigger pack up which raises the ejector by taking away some metal. Now it really sends them flying. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I would make sure the ejector and bolt meet up with little up/down, left /right movement and also make sure that the ejector is not loose in the trigger pack.

I have seen these problems before.

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
Sasha - Would you mind posting some pics of you Vector .40 cal? I'm looking to buy one as well.
After seeing the CA .40 cal I was shocked. The fit and finish was subpar. I have two Vectors the 51 and 53 models, but I've heard all these rumors concerning the QC now! I would be in you debt!

Thanks,

r.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hope it is not tread jacking, but since we are talking about ammo, has anyone tried non-jacketed reloads(moly coated)? and what are the results?

·
Registered
149 Posts
German parts kit

In my experience some ammo (Wolf, old steel lacquer) will come out very weak but still cycle the gun. I bought a new ejector to compare against my used one and the new one ejects the shells better (farther).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Work the gun and see how far the ejector is away from the bolt, if it is to far it won't hit them hard and at a wrong angle. I had this problem with my G3 it wasn't sending them out very good and I had a nasty jam. I raised the trigger pack up which raises the ejector by taking away some metal. Now it really sends them flying. Hope this helps.
Yep ! if the trigger housing has just a little wiggle up or down in the reciever it will cause ejection problems. A proper shim on the top of the receiver shelf will help raise the ejector up .

·
Registered
316 Posts
poor ejection = tigger houseing spacing

+1 on the spacing diagnosis. My V-94 would not eject at all until the factory replaced the lower trigger housing. After that (and switching to an HK OEM ejector lever) the gun ejects 100%

1 - 10 of 10 Posts