HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just wanted to get this off my chest, been having a lot of frustrating issues.

I received a vector mp5 clone last year, and paid $2300 for a real mp5 parts kit, with original barrel. Paid the premium for good parts and reputable work.

Once I went out and shot the gun it started getting fte problems right off the bat. I started looking into it and found, the magazine lips on the clone are bent, and the mags are not even thirty rounds, they are like 34 rounds and not made very well. ok, so lets replace the mags and test.

I decide to purchase 3 hk mags, all of which do not fit. The mag catch is not to spec, issue number two. So i do the work to grind and fit the mags/mag catch together. Re-test. Still getting FTE's.

Now I realize the lower is a little wobbly. Turns out Vector did the shelf wrong, it is too low and the gun will not function, during this issue, the spring an detent flew out, my god what a week.

I replace the spring and detent, after punching out the roll pin for the assembly which is not too fun. Then I went and found a small piece of metal to add to the shelf as a temporary replacement. This seems to work for now, but still ridiculous that I have had to do this much work.

Finally I get to get a couple rounds off, when I realize the barrel extension is bent to the right, looks like they didn't even level it. I went to sight in the rifle at 25 yards, and I can't even set the sights far enough to the left to account for the bent barrel extension. The gun shoots off to the right about ten to fifteen inches. I don't even know what to do at this point. I definitely am not chomping at the bit to send this thing back to Vector.

Anyone else have this many issues purchasing clones? I am thinking eventually I am going to need a gunsmith that can look at all these oversights. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks All.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS, the cocking tube support was done wrong as well. It is to short and will not fit forearms, so the manufacturer tried to hide it by grinding the forearm to fit. Sheesh what luck.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Did you test it before you added the MP5 parts kit? or was this a bare receiver and built?

If it was a prebuilt gun, why not return it to vector and tell them to make it right?

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
abohler,
First thing you should have done was contact vector. Under warranty?? Did you purchase this from Blaine? If so you can contact Blaine also.
Keep us posted.
Dj

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes this gun was purchased from Vector as a whole and was built like this. I am afraid I have voided the warranty however doing much of this work on my own. I will see if I can get a hold of them. Thanks.

·
HK Shooting Team
2,853 Posts
I had to have Mike Turner rework a Vector MP5 from Atlantic.....what a piece of x%@* until Mike fixed the issues. It had a low shelf and crooked sight tower (not to mention a spray paint looking finish). To the naked eye it looked good out of the box, but ugh......abohler, send it to Turner Fabrications and have it rebuilt and done right. I would not trust work from Vector these days based on so many current reports of issues. There are also many well documented attempts at sending work back to them to only get more problems back

·
Registered
316 Posts
I too have a Vector MP5-40. It has been back to the factory 3x and only after replacing most of the internals and using HK mags does it run fairly well. If it aint "HK" It AINT HK!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had similar problems with my V94 clone. Sounds like mine was built around the same time. Shelf too low, shot 3 inches to the right, barrel and trunion welded in crooked, mag well way too tight yet lots of play once the mag was inserted, FTEs, etc. I sent it back 3 times, they built me a whole new gun on the 4th try. I had to replace the ejector on the new build, runs like a champ now.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I too have had problems with the "new Vector Co." If your warranty is voided just send it to Jeff Walters and when you get it back it will be 100%

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
or Jayson at IGF..... he does wonders with HK's and clones.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts