HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Vector V51 SBR Silencer

Has anyone put a silencer on a V51 SBR or pistol? I was thinking of doing it but wanted to get some impressions from the forum. If anyone has done it, please tell me the brand and your experience with it.

My concern is that the massive muzzle blast of the V51 might be too much for a silencer since most are desringed for full length barrels.

I understand that the silencer will not eliminate the ballistic crack of the super-sonic bullet. But I thought it might tame the report somewhat.

Any recommendations are welcomed.

Thanks,
Skunkbait

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use the yhm .308 phantom w/QD mount. Longview arms did the muzzle adapter from hk to 5/8x24. My v51 has a 10.5"bbl instead of the 95"bbl. Does reduce muzzleblast quite a bit, I also had srt arms(Doug Melton) make a .308 can w/ heavier baffles and slightly enlarged caliber in 5/8x24 thread-both cans work fine, no baffle strikes and easy to remove, etc.awaiting my trigger pack for f/a shooting w/ v-51, v53, ptr 91 and others. The cans do work very well on the HK clones as far as noise suppression-not hollywood quiet obviously but I can shoot w/o hearing protection w/o too much problem-Beemer

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,647 Posts
Dude, it's a clone. If it's loose, duct tape it. If it's stuck, WD40 it... <couldn't resist>

·
HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
1,019 Posts
When removing my V53's flash suppressor for the first time, I just put a large flat tip screwdriver in the slots and that gave me leverage to spin it off; 'think it was some paint between the suppressor and the barrel that was the issue. Straightgrain's suggestion of WD40 is right on for penetrating into the threads, but if some paint got on those threads during its 'build', you'll need some leverage to initially break that paint bond.

What? 'Don't like that 3' flash-ball and subsequent air being sucked out of your lungs from the muzzle blast? Go figure?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts