HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in buying a Vector Arm V51. Do I gain / lose anything with going to the SBR? I just so happen to drive past Vector every day going to work, and will probably stop buy and talk to the guy's there. Just looking for a non sales pitch! I guess my question is which would you buy, and why?

Current HK's:
HK 45 USP Compact with Night Sites
HK 40 USP Compact

·
Registered
114 Posts
If I was that close I would talk to them and get them to build me a 51K sbr. I have heard that they do special orders on these. And I think they are one of the coolest guns you will ever see on the range, huge flash and fire. Think about this option.
-Jason G

·
Registered
886 Posts
Its an old abbreviation for a 51 SBR. A V51 with a stock is much more manageable with the stock, pistol form can be a PITA after a short while of shooting.

Bill

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
The "k" guns are shorter than the vector v51 pistols, i think the the vector pistols have a 8 or 9 inch barrel where the 51k has a 4inch barrel. it is basically a .308 in the same size as a mp5k.
-Jason G

·
Registered
360 Posts
What is the "k" configuration?

From Lacie at Vector Arms, she sent them to me a few months ago when I was thinking about a V51k build. This is the pistol version they also have a AOW version that uses a standard SP89 or MP5K k-grip.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Non SBR, I love this gun

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
It definitely looks better with the short barrel.

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
looks slick as an SBR, but that also means it's a NFA weapon and ATF can come knock on your door and take a random look in the grey room anytime they want, plus $200 tax stamp and transfer fee (I get hosed for $75 a transfer)

but then again, it's a serious head turner ;)

·
Registered
162 Posts
looks slick as an SBR, but that also means it's a NFA weapon and ATF can come knock on your door and take a random look in the grey room anytime they want, plus $200 tax stamp and transfer fee (I get hosed for $75 a transfer)

you are correct on the tax stamp costing 200 bucks, but would you really want to shoot that thing as a pistol?

but negatory on the atf visit... having that stamp, does not subject you to losing your 4th amendment rights... last time i checked ;)

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
No.... they are not going to visit your house to inspect it. You give up NOTHING when you get the stamp....

There are far too many people with NFA guns to start doing random checks.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Trip, where'd you pickup the collapsible stock. They don't take a MP-5 stock do they?

Also anyone know where I could get a vertical foregrip for the V51, it's not a MP5 compatible foregrip is it?

·
Registered
3 Posts

And they can have sex w/ your wife:680:

oh wait... no they can't

Why does the "inspection" rumor never die?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trip, where'd you pickup the collapsible stock. They don't take a MP-5 stock do they?

Also anyone know where I could get a vertical foregrip for the V51, it's not a MP5 compatible foregrip is it?

The collapsible stock is a G3 stock.

As for the grip, you can't unless you AOW or SBR it. and yes it's a MP5K foregrip

1 - 20 of 26 Posts