HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many years ago I bought 2-V51 pistols. On one I opened up the box and checked all the disassembly and fitment. The other I stored in a dehumidified safe for storage until now. When disassembling for removing the cosmoline and fitting, I noticed the end cap was a bear to take off and needed to be taped off with a brass dowel. After cleaning and fitting on and off several times it was better, but still needs to be a lot looser. The bolt assembly slides in and out pretty easy, but has a small amount of resistance at the end coming out. Any thoughts or advise?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I have one I bought in 2008. I think it was made in 2006. JLD marked receiver, ser # B09**. It too was a pain to remove the end cap. But I got a stamp for it, & use a collapsible stock. It’s much easier now to remove, as I use the stock as a slap hammer. For those not in the body shop business, I remove the 2 rear pins, & with the stock collapsed, I push the lever, pull out the stock quickly, & it pulls the cap off the gun. I’ve often wondered if the ones from that time frame still used imported barrels. GARY.

·
Registered
319 Posts
My vector is so tight at the back that I have to push the bolt out pretty hard. I had to heavily modify a stock to fit the back. My stock was tweaking the receiver and stopping the bolt when shooting. Sounds like this issue of a out of spec receiver is common

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
My vector is so tight at the back that I have to push the bolt out pretty hard. I had to heavily modify a stock to fit the back. My stock was tweaking the receiver and stopping the bolt when shooting. Sounds like this issue of a out of spec receiver is common
Does yours have a JLD/PTR receiver? They are in spec, unlike a TB receiver. GARY

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have one I bought in 2008. I think it was made in 2006. JLD marked receiver, ser # B09**. It too was a pain to remove the end cap. But I got a stamp for it, & use a collapsible stock. It’s much easier now to remove, as I use the stock as a slap hammer. For those not in the body shop business, I remove the 2 rear pins, & with the stock collapsed, I push the lever, pull out the stock quickly, & it pulls the cap off the gun. I’ve often wondered if the ones from that time frame still used imported barrels. GARY.
Mine SAO #8**

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
(y)

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
The only other markings then what i have mentioned, are on the magwell side: Vector Arms NSL US, V-51P
Well that’s a bummer. Mine was built on a JLD receiver which is “in spec”. I guess they get parts wherever they can. My bolt, & carrier were both real HK parts. GARY

1 - 13 of 13 Posts