HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Mine works great. Lots of fun, giant fireball, with or without the flashider on it.

My locking price was a little off, so when I combined the pack with the can, gave me receiver dimples.

Changed the LP, and bolt gap went to acceptable, but I've yet to try the pack/can combo since.

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
I have one from the "OLD" Vector company... works excellent. There have been rumblings about the "NEW" Vector company, so rather than say anything bad (I have no experience with the new company other than they screwed up a parts order... twice) I'll refrain from commenting further.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I also have a Vector 53 that is a dream to shoot. Mine is from the old company, but I also have a 93 from the new company that I very much enjoy too. Gaps hold strong, cycled great out of the box and accurate. I'm please with both of my vector guns.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First post (but longtime lurker)! To the OP I own a V53 purchased from Vector in 2008. The fit/finish is a bit rough, especially the inside of the receiver. My locking piece was ground down and the stock to receiver fit is very tight (as in need a mallet to get off tight). I understand from previous posters this tight fit may be as a result of the receiver rails being rounded instead of squared.

To the other posters: what is the generally accepted time period when things started going downhill at Vector? I am generally happy with mine but wonder if I bought during the slide in quality.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Here's my cut & paste from a post I made elsewhere:

My experience was not very positive, here goes. Bought a V53 pistol as a host for my pack in August of 2009. It took a couple hundred rounds before it functioned 99% but it still would not strip the first round off a full 30 or 40 rd mag reliably.

Mine was built on a MKE flat which had not undergone the final rail squaring, great receiver it's just that they have round rails and fitting the A3 stock is not possible. Matter of fact attaching any sort of stock was a major PITA and removal required the use of a rubber mallet to save bruising your hand. Let me be more specific and state that only an all plastic stock would fit none of the metal capped stocks would fit. Lord knows I tried!

The biggest flaw was the crooked trunnion/barrel. Yep the Vector monkeys had welded the trunnion, barrel and cocking tube in CROOKED. Well since the Vector has a great warranty I packed it up and shipped it off for repair. Vector saw fit to replace the gun and I eagerly awaited my new toy. What a let down as the replacement had a crooked barrel also, not as bad, but it was still there. Sold it NIB and moved on to a German HK93 to fill the slot and never looked back. I've seen four V53's with this issue so beware and inspect any Vector gun before you buy.

Now to be fair a friend has a V53 rifle (16" barrel w/ fake can) that he bought used at a gunshow and the thing has been a stellar performer in FA and semi. The barrel looks pretty straight too. Another buddy has a V53 pistol that has been SBR'ed and it runs fine and the barrel/trunnion/cocking tube alignment is off but not terrible, you really have to look closely to see it. Same guy has a Vector MP5 clone (SBR) that runs as well as any HK gun I've seen. Hell we shot 300 rds last weekend thru it w/o the ejector spring in the trigger pack and only had 2 FTE!!!

·
Premium Member
2,346 Posts
My experience was the opposte of Clicker's and we both had them from the old Vector 53P. Mine needed a few tiny tweaks but ran like a sewing machine with the sear. I decided to sell it so I could purchase a V53K from the "new Vector". Wow do I love this gun! If you think the V53P is a crowd pleaser wait till you fire the shorter K. Much easier to control due to the shorter barrel and of course even a bigger fireball. Scott has always taken care of me with any issues on my Vectors!

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
I have one from a out 2-3 years back as well and it works great. Just have to use an MP5 stock with the buffered carrier, when running the sear.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Have an older Vector V53P that took some TLC year ago to get to work with the trigger pack (bottom line needed a spacer and the correct HK93 ejector).
Works well and hits point of aim at 100 yards. Have not had it out for years (it is getting close to the no shoot in 3 to 5 years, it gets sold point ;-).

Myself would (well and did since got a MM53 ;-) go the extra few dollars and get one of the 53's from the semi custom smiths here.

·
Registered
342 Posts
i also have one of the old v53p. have had no problems from day one running with a sear and an ace folder on f/a runs with all ammo except hirtenberger practice ammo with the jacketed plastic bullets which run great in my m16.

·
HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
1,385 Posts
I have a 'legacy' V53 SBR; purchased back in '07.

Day 1 Range Report (back then)...
Ran flawlessly
F/A dump with 40 round mag was impressive
Fire ball city...
Burned 2' diameter circle on new carpet on range bench
Pissed off everyone within 30' of muzzle blast
Fired brass was tossed 20-20 feet away (not reloadable - extremely dented/flute marks/trashed)

Day 1 (and a half)...
Dropped cash later that afternoon on a Gemtech G5 Suppressor & HK (thread) Gemtech QD Suppressor Mount

Today...
I only shoot this gun now with suppressor at the range. Toned down my powder loads so they still work the action and eject properly; can actually reload the brass now, but I still get that annoying 'dent' in the side of the brass. This gun will not function properly with my pet subsonic rounds which function flawlessly in my Colt LE6933 11.5" SBR (with same G5 suppressor). MP5 A3 stock works fine on this gun, but for some reason, I prefer the original A2 stock that it came with. Other than changing out the ejector spring now and then, it runs like a champ. One of my favorite 'toys' for sure...

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
I have read that Vector will not be building the 53 any more.
Is it just this model or is it deeper than that ?
I hadn't heard that. Where did you hear that? I miss something?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.