HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im looking to get into the mp5 with a clone. Ive long heard that the vectors were one of, if not the best option. They are now hard to get and i thought i would be unable to get one untill i stumbled upon one a few days ago. The seller wants 1550 or so for it NIB, its a 40S&W version as well. Is this worth the extra 350 dollars or so over a coharie arms? THose can be gotten for 1200 or so i belive. Would u get the vector, or save some money and get the coharie. . .put the cash twards a real HK lower or something. Ive heard the new coharies are pretty good now. . .so im stuck.

Thanks for the help.

Pat

PS the coharie can be 9mm or 40SW

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just bought a Coharie

I just bought a Coharie full size .40 pistol. I have not got it yet but I will post a review when I get it. I bought it as a host for my Fleming sear I just bought. I like the idea that it is a pistol and I dont have to register it as aSBR if I take the sear out. I paid 1150 for it.

I cant wait to shoot it even on semi as a pistol. My sear is just now in transfer to my dealer so it will be awhile before I can try it in full auto.

Mine came with a fullauto carrier which is nice too.

G

·
I have a V53 SBR and it shoots great with no problems. However got to shoot Vecotr MP5 and 1 problem (at least with the 1 I shot) magazines kept falling out of the receiver. Not sure what problem was it was not mine. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Could be the mags, I have a CA89 and it likes genuine HK mags. I have several Asian made mags and they will dislodge from the magwell with a pull. I think it has to do with the depth of the mag catch area on the mags. No other issues with my gun.

D.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I have a vector 40 cal. and i just love it. No problems,fit and finish is great.Out of the four clones i own the vector is the best. If you can swing the money try to find one. P.S. UZI ok, go HK and you wont regret.

·
Registered
138 Posts
+ 1 on Vector.

Ask yourself the question: If I can’t even talk to someone in person when I buy it new, who is going to talk to me when I have a problem?

Customer satisfaction and a real warranty don't come cheap even in the clone world. It is worth the extra money when it comes time to talk to someone about fixing a problem.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have the Vector V94 (.40 S&W) rifle with the fake can. ATF paperwork for SBR was sent off on 01-02-2008.

Prior to this, I fired 250+ rounds through it with only 2 (FTF - fail to fire) due to some very old duty ammo. Bought a few HK parts (stock, mags, etc) to put on. No problems what so ever. I did look at getting the CA94, but they didnt have any in stock and could not get anyone to call me back. I dealt with Vector direct. Bought it over the phone and had it shipped to my FFL. No problems with the sale, customer service was great!!!!

I know that these are drying up and are hard to find. I'm glad I got it, very happy. One of the other forum members, reported nothing but trouble with his (back to Vector 2x for issues). I havent had any problems with mine.

.40 cal clones are a little more difficult to get accessories, but if you get one, Adam Webber at HKPARTS.NET will hook you up. I bought five or six extra HK mags (blue ones) and they work great.

That's my two cents worth! Hope this helps with your decision.

·
Banned
848 Posts
Vector all the way!!

I would go with the Vector just for the reason mentioned before. CUSTOMER SERVICE! . I don't care what you buy these days, your chances of having a problem are greater than not having one. Its nice to know that if or when you have a problem there will be someone there to take care of it. If you call Cohaire or what ever name they go by these days you will be disgusted when you hang up the phone. With Vector, you will feel better because they will take care of you. Thats my experience with the both of them a number of times.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a V89 in 9mm , a v53 in 223 , a vector uzi in 9mm , an RPD in 7.62 x 39

I had a few problems and I have always gotten taken care of so I can't bitch about vector if you have problems they will fix it period.

all I can say is that my experiance has been positive for vector

·
Registered
407 Posts
Vector V53 SBR - Runs perfect since day one
Vector MP5/40 SBR - Runs perfect since day one
Coharie MP5K SBR - Runs perfect since day one
Coharie CA89 pistol - Had to break in first 50 rounds then perfect

This is my experience over the last year. I also got in a couple of Bobcat Weapons SBR's about 2 years ago. One full size and one K model. The fullsize runs PERFECT but the K model required a trip back to Bobcat for "adjustments".

My .02,
Darin Reiss
FFL/SOT in KS

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have a CA94 and had no problems. I shot 2,000 rds. Don't used the cohaire mags, there are the source of the problems. Use HK mags only and you will be fine. Never shot a Vector, so no comment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I own a Vector V89 9mm pistol and a V89K 9mm pistol. My V89K has been 100 percent out of the box. Not a single problem. I recently purchase the V89 (full-size) had an extraction problem at the range. I am not a gunsmith. I called Vector, spoke to a live-person who was courteous, and they politely asked me to send the pistol back to them to be repaired for free. They also apologized for the inconvenience. A couple of months ago, I was interested in purchasing a CA89-SD pistol. I called that company three times and sent two emails. I'm still waiting for a response. I'll let you decide.

·
Registered
316 Posts
V-94 paperweight

Just for balance (and the record), as you can read in my range report, my V94 was DOA right out of the box. Two trips back to the factory and several HK OEM parts later, I've yet to get through a mag w/o a FTE. (But I'm off to the range tomorrow and always hopeful). BTW, Vector's customer service is top notch, but they wouldn't need it if their quality control were also top notch.

Just food for thought.

David

·
Registered
45 Posts
don't hold your breath, their turnaround time is WAYYYY slow
I just bought a Coharie full size .40 pistol. I have not got it yet but I will post a review when I get it. I bought it as a host for my Fleming sear I just bought. I like the idea that it is a pistol and I dont have to register it as aSBR if I take the sear out. I paid 1150 for it.

I cant wait to shoot it even on semi as a pistol. My sear is just now in transfer to my dealer so it will be awhile before I can try it in full auto.

Mine came with a fullauto carrier which is nice too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
coharie arms doesn't ship with full auto bolt carrier, they charge an additional funds for that swap. or they'll tell you to order it through their "distributor" blackmarket parts. some gal answers the phone like once a week. get ready to get raped on s/h. i was charged 34$ for them to ship a full auto bolt carrier in a small priorty mail box thats postage was marked 13$ including insurance

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
its funny, some seem to have impossible times getting through to coharie, while others claim no problem. Just an observation as i havent tried it myself yet.

I am still undecided about which rout to go here. I am still paying for some ak74 krinks i built over christmas, so once those are done ill have to see which guns are avalible.

I would love to go with the vector, but 450 is a large differance in price. I agree vector is great with service, i have some of thier other weapons and have never had a problem with getting ahold of them. Im gona try calling coharie myself i guess and see what kinda vibe i get. Im pretty sure all the vectors are gone now anyways, very sad.

·
Registered
214 Posts
its funny, some seem to have impossible times getting through to coharie, while others claim no problem. Just an observation as i havent tried it myself yet.

I am still undecided about which rout to go here. I am still paying for some ak74 krinks i built over christmas, so once those are done ill have to see which guns are avalible.

I would love to go with the vector, but 450 is a large differance in price. I agree vector is great with service, i have some of thier other weapons and have never had a problem with getting ahold of them. Im gona try calling coharie myself i guess and see what kinda vibe i get. Im pretty sure all the vectors are gone now anyways, very sad.

I have called them several times and never had a problem. They are only open Monday thru Thursday so that might be the reason? As for delivery...I ordered my CA94 from Wendy Early December and received it today. Not bad at all. The rifle came in a neat aluminum case and had a 10 round mag(Im in NY). The manual is ok, but full of spelling/grammer errors. The fit and finish is excellent. Stripped it down and was full of crud. Was test fired several times from the look of it. Used some gunscrubber and Weapon SHield and looks clean as a whistle. I have owned several real HK weapons and have seen early Special Weapons clones and didnt know what to expect with this rifle. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised and would reccomend Coharie to everyone. I also own a Vector Fullsize UZI pistol and love the fit and finish on it. I just cant see spending the extra money on a Vector clone over the Coharie.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Coharie’s overall quality is favorable when consider their excellent value compares to the original Hks, but unfortunately their customer service isn’t that favorable…
It’s so hard to talk with Wendy or at least someone who knows what I’m talking about… they usually don't answered their phone calls but now this new lady… forgot her name… really didn’t know what she was doing. Maybe she was new and hopefully she learns their product line soon.
I’ve nothing against Coharie… but my MP5 clone isn’t running 100% and I’m still swapping parts w/ original HK parts… hopefully I could make it work 100% so I could take it to a subgun match.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I haven't had any issues yet so I can't comment on how their customer service is in regards to repairs. I think the new girls name is Nikki (maybe). I spoke with her once and she was very polite, but as you stated...didn't know much. Every email I ever sent to either Coharie or Special Weapons has been answered and I havent had any problem getting through on the phone to Coharie. I did get the recording a couple of times...I just called back later. Don't take me wrong...Im not a spokesperson for Coharie...I just love the quality of their product. As I said before...I also own the Vector UZI and think its great. I have also handled a Bobcat clone and it was nice, but Vulcan is crap (Typical Hesse Arms garbage). Cant go wrong with Vector or Coharie...only difference is the price and the custom case. :83:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I haven't had any issues yet so I can't comment on how their customer service is in regards to repairs. I think the new girls name is Nikki (maybe). I spoke with her once and she was very polite, but as you stated...didn't know much. Every email I ever sent to either Coharie or Special Weapons has been answered and I havent had any problem getting through on the phone to Coharie. I did get the recording a couple of times...I just called back later. Don't take me wrong...Im not a spokesperson for Coharie...I just love the quality of their product. As I said before...I also own the Vector UZI and think its great. I have also handled a Bobcat clone and it was nice, but Vulcan is crap (Typical Hesse Arms garbage). Cant go wrong with Vector or Coharie...only difference is the price and the custom case. :83:
Anyway, their quality is good so can't argue that much... :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts