HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at CCW options for my P2000SK V2. I really don't want the typical "drawer full" of holsters in trying to find the right one. I came upon this:

Versacarry :: The Original ZeroBulk Holster

And wondered if anyone had any practical experience with it. It is definitely a unique way to carry with minimal bulk and printing. Just looking for user advice such as practicality, comfort etc.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
437 Posts
No experience with it, but that looks pretty nutty. Unless you mill down the entire body side of your gun you will feel every little bump and corner, and I cannot see how that would keep the pistol from tipping forward or back during normal body movement. Moreover if you have any kind of accessory, prominent sight blades, or greebles on your gun it seems that they have a good chance of getting hung up on your waistband or underwear. But what do I know? If you saw my concealed carry rig you would laugh out loud.

Up side is it looks pretty easy to get one for any kind of gun and accessory combination without a need for special fitting or custom work. Doesn't look like it would cost a fortune, so if it doesn't work out you won't feel that bad about tossing it in a drawer or giving it to some other sucker. Let us know how it works if you get one.

·
Registered
596 Posts
That's exactly what I thought when I saw it.

Having bought my fair share of holsters, I highly recommend a Comp-Tac infidel w/tuck able clip (if you want minimalist kydex) or Minotaur (if you want the most comfort). Then be happy. :)

Both of these configs get the clips away from the body of the gun, so the clip doesn't add to the "stack height" of the rig - important for minimal printing IMO

I carry my SK in both with no issues under a tshirt.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Admittedly I haven't touched one but that doesn't stop me from the initial opinion of "gimmicky junk". Good quality holsters have a reputation for a reason. I would steer clear but that's just me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I actually have two but nothing that I'd use on my H&K's as they are larger. To be honest with my LCP or my XDs i use them periodically when I want a simple, easy to wear and comfortable IWB choice. Not sure how they would work with even my P2000sk but no matter how unconventional they look they have a place, work as advertised and are a good minimalist choice.....and I have a drawer full of holsters and only a few that I use. Not a gimmick and they work, at least for the guns I use them for. For the price I'd give them a try. Remember you can't reholster without removing them so tough to practice at the range, but don't reject them because they are different from my experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts