HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a vertical grip for my UMP45 conversion. I see that there are HK factory ones that usually cost around $80. There are also ones that I think are made by Umarex that sell for around $40. I can't see a difference in the pics.
They look identical. What are the differences? Both are marked HK, are they the same? I am more inclined to buy the one sold as HK factory as opposed to the Umarex unless there is no difference
Thanks

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I find it uncomfortable to shoot my conversion with a VFG so I wound up buying a Magpul AFG2 (angled fore grip) and couldn't be happier. You should check one out, lets you grip the fore end much more naturally.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried the afg and it never fit me well.
I see the midway grip. Why is it $30 cheaper than most other places?
How do you make sure its the hk and not the umarex hk? And is there a difference?
The midway grip makes me wonder because it's close in price to the umarex.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
The vertical foregrip grip runs $49 direct from HK.
(they use to have it on the HKwebshop for $49)

HKWEBSHOP

Other places mark it up significantly.

$40 is a good buy, and it is one of the better foregrips made, though a little fat.
The locking mech is great on it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Cool, Thanks. That's what I was looking for.
On a side note, this is by far one of the most polite and informative forums. Nice job and thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
The Umarex one also comes in a "HK" branded bag, but it also says "Umarex" on it as well with, IIRC, a warning about using only with 22LR. The packaging is well done. The plastic molding out of the package is not at nice, as the one I got you can see a bit of where the grip and the mount come together. With some use, this smooths out as well. I'm overall very happy with my Umarex.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I actually prefer UTG 5-position. I've used it on 3 different weapons so far.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I've had really good experience with the Magpul RVG (railed vertical grip). Nice and solid, no sharp edges where the web of your thumb goes, and it's nice and light, and very solid. The price is hard to argue with either, IIRC 20 or 25 bucks from Brownells.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts