HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUeKc0CSmj4

It seems like the ROF on this gun is amazingly high. It seems almost like a M11/9. I have an MP5 that cycles at around 800 rpm and the K-gun is supposed to be 900. For some reason this seems MUCH higher than 900. Seems closer to 1200-1300. Do you think there were an mods to this gun ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Likely a sear gun with hammer that hasn't been "retimed." An unmodified hammer will sit higher when held by the registered sear and thus will cycle faster. Can be fixed by hammer modification or purchase of a push-pin registered receiver gun.

Joe

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Likely a sear gun with hammer that hasn't been "retimed." An unmodified hammer will sit higher when held by the registered sear and thus will cycle faster. Can be fixed by hammer modification or purchase of a push-pin registered receiver gun.

Joe
Buying a PPRR is a "fix" for a high rate of fire? Kind of an expensive fix.

Probably the hammer notch like you say, or could be the locking piece as well.

And I love the comments on those YouTube videos. Most are cluless.

·
HKPRO PRIME MINISTER
1,293 Posts
I run my MP5K-PDW with a #28 locking piece. It runs about 900 rpm.
Same here...

Murry Urback MP5K-MP5

900 + RPM

The y video also looks modified to reflect the sound of a higher rate of fire when it's really not...

Just my opinion on the matter...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Buying a PPRR is a "fix" for a high rate of fire? Kind of an expensive fix.

Probably the hammer notch like you say, or could be the locking piece as well.

And I love the comments on those YouTube videos. Most are cluless.
Yea, I hate looking at the comments. Bunch on morons out there who play video games and think they know everything. With that said I need to get a K-gun sometime. I love my RRPP but after all this talk of sear guns I'd like to get a MP5K and maybe a HK33 or HK53 so I could have something in a .223. An HK51 would be cool, but .308 is pretty expensive.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Yea, I hate looking at the comments. Bunch on morons out there who play video games and think they know everything. With that said I need to get a K-gun sometime. I love my RRPP but after all this talk of sear guns I'd like to get a MP5K and maybe a HK33 or HK53 so I could have something in a .223. An HK51 would be cool, but .308 is pretty expensive.

I've MP5K-PDW and everytime I see those Youtube comments, they're just stupid and not even funny anymore.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Amen to that! The few times I've shot my G3 in full auto, I can't help but thinking "there's another $15", "and another $15", with every magazine I rip through.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This happened in my K gun. It was beating itself to death, then started to catch empty casings in the ejection port. It was getting progressively worse. I sent it to Ralph at RDTS. He told me the bolt was welded about a 1/4 inch out of spec and that was the cause of the problem. He said it was a potentially dangerous situation. He fixed it for me at a very nominal fee. She has worked flawlessly ever since! Kudos Ralph!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts