HKPRO Forums banner

Very Very stupid questions... about USP holstering

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  skullbox 
#1 ·
Is it harder to holster the USPc/USP? I have never owned a USP but I'm getting a pair soon. The tapered slides of the previous HK's I've owned make holstering very very easy but I noticed the USP has a "blocky" like front muzzle area. I'm shopping for holsters for my new USPc and I just wanted to know if I should go with a reinforced mouth or just kydex to make holstering the USP easier...

Also I want to buy a AIWB for my USPc, and I'm also going to look for a Kydex for when I want to wear it at 3 clock, or some kind of leather I can wear at 2-3 o clock with a extreme cant.

Help me out guys. Thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
Most of this is holster dependent. High quality holsters are designed to hold the mouths open to allow for easy reholstering. Check my ad for a complete set of TT Gunleather for the HK USP45C that includes a hard reverse cant AIWB holster.

Additionally, I actually like the USP Compacts better than the 45C's for AIWB carry.

#7 · (Edited)
I haven't found a holster that suits my USPc .40 yet...I have tried several for IWB but nothing has managed to really fit all criteria--some place the grip angle perfect but lack retention...others have great retention but terrible grip angle....I personally am going to stay away from Kydex as it has a tendency to ruin the finish on a slide if reholstered often...that's a personal preference tho....

Bottomline you aren't going to find a prefect holster right away--its going to take a lot of trial and error before you find the perfect match...because one mans perfect rig isn't every mans perfect rig....

Good luck and post some pics of those USPs when u get em!

#8 ·
Like everyone else said I think it depends primarly on the holster. I have an USPc45 with a Galco Skyops IWB holster. If I have my belt sinced right it is a little tricky to re-holster. The skyops holster is leather and for all intensive purposes I like it.

I usually unholster my gun and leave it in the door panel of my car while I'm driving. When I get out I re-holster it and it can be a pain in the butt. However, I just can't sit comforably in my car seats (they are the sporty bucket kind) with a gun at 7 o'clock.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.