HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
My buddy is in the Croatian Military and sent me this youtube link with pictures from Afghanistan. Notice the wide range of weapons they use including HK's, Uzi's, AR's, AK's, FN's and an original MG42 about 2 mins into the video! BTW there are MG42's everywhere in ex-Yugoslavia, I saw them first hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV564BG9wyc&feature=related
alot of them are WW2 vintage to........very expensive guns....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes, they had a couple famas in the pics. IM metal works(Croatian company making the HS2000 or XD pistols for SpringfieldArmory) is now testing their own version of the famas in Afghanistan.

I asked my buddy about the MG42 and he said they are using MG42's and MG34's from WWII on their vehicles, lol. I would love to shoot those badboys. I got to handle an MG42, MG34, Thompson's, MP40's, and other WWII items while I was in Croatia. A pic of the 42:

Oh they aren't expensive to ex-Yugoslavia since they were deposited into armories all over by the Germans during WWII. Its funny actually, I went to Bosnia to see my father in laws house and he told me he had a MG in his back yard. I was like WHAT? heres a pic:

·
Atta' Boy!!
575 Posts
Good stuff! That Bosnian Backyard MG would have been an excellent choice to smack a Serb up the side of the head with in '99.
God Bless,
Pyro Mike

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The town my father in law lives in was destroyed by the Serbs. If you look on google earth at the sat photo you can see where all the mines were cleared from. Thousands of mines everywhere. The rusted out 42 was found by another family member in a bombed out bunker down the street. As you can see the gun is bent more than its supposed to be and the pistol grip was toast. The barrel was sitting next to it, basically just rusty. Had all the eagles and swastika's and stuff on it. No HK's to be found there though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts