HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Very nice video, well done. At one moment my internet froze the video while you were shooting the USP unsuppressed and the frame that was in limbo on the screen showed a nice fireball comming from the muzzle. Would have made for a cool pic if captured. In the video when shooting the H&R suppressed close-up it showed the Osprey but you said AAC. You didn't walk to the right when you took that shot so I was a little confused. Was that just an editing error? I watched your video a few months back of the inside the house shooting. That was nice! I think I remember you replying to a youtube post asking about the smoke comming off the suppressor and weapon and you said it was lithium grease (or some sort lube)? Was wondering have you tried wire pulling gel and if so why you use the grease instead of the gel? I have used the gel with good results but it tends to evaporate quickly and if not careful will run out or back into the weapon with the BLACKEST NASTIEST GUNK. Maybe I just answered my own question?

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Nice! There was an awesome sounding ricochet with the .45 from 150 yards. I also noticed the 9mm specifically had that hollywood suppessor sound @ 150 yards. Are pistons for 300 blackout easy to find for the Osprey/Tirant?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Just watched a vid of the Osprey in full auto with the 300 blackout. Didn't realize it could handle pressures of rifle cartridges. I haven't looked up specs on the blackout but I am assumming it being subsonic pressures are low. I have the 300 whisper which is basically the same, guess I will be threading that barrel! Thanks fireman1291.

·
Banned
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The white lithium in the inside the house video is just from the booster. I use white lithium to lube the spring and not for suppression. Yeah, wire pull gel sounds great!

As for the movie edit, my camera was super low on battery power and I could only get that one 300blk shot in real quick. When I came back from buying betteries I had forgot to re-film it :(

And yes the 5/8-24 pistons are available from silencercos webstore.

I think that's all the questions answered....

·
Banned
222 Posts
Epic video. that .300 Blk Out is insane! hopefully ill have a suppressor next year!

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Disregard brother, found your youtube video on the handi rifle. I think you just cost me some money, lol. A lot cheaper than a 300 BLK upper and can use the Osprey cans on it when they come in.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The handi rifle is ok for what it is but you could also go with the micro 7 which comes with a cheek rest and is also threaded and holds about 5 rounds or so, I take it hunting over thanks giving it did the job last year. What I really like is that I can use the same suppressor on several of my HK pistols including the Mark 23 and on my 300Blk bolt action and on my KRISS for that matter, my point is that it is very versatile

·
Registered
151 Posts
oh nice video too buy the way but man thats a lot of walking :)

Wow that's really a great video I have never seen any or experienced for that matter what it sounds like 150 yds down range of a suppressed shooter. It gives a much different perspective.

Thanks so much for taking the time.

·
Banned
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your welcome guys!

Yeah I'm going to do more videos of long distance with suppressed guns.

And if they ever sell the micro7 again I'll pick one up. I missed it this batch and the handi-rifle is a limited run so I snatched one up!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Guess I'm buying a .300 Blackout rifle as soon as I can.... it will have to share the Surefire can I'm getting for my .300 Win Mag but thats fine with me. I like the fiber optic sight on that P22 of yours,. I have a older style Walther with a Pilot on it and it is still one of my favorite guns.

I really liked that last "hidden" shot.

·
Banned
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guess I'm buying a .300 Blackout rifle as soon as I can.... it will have to share the Surefire can I'm getting for my .300 Win Mag but thats fine with me. I like the fiber optic sight on that P22 of yours,. I have a older style Walther with a Pilot on it and it is still one of my favorite guns.

I really liked that last "hidden" shot.
I'll do a whole video like that. "Wheres fireman1291?" lol

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Whoa @ 12:45. I always wondered where Hollywood got that silly sound effect for suppressed shots and you hear it there with the 9mm at distance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts