1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Awesome video! Thanks for posting!

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
If I was on the team at 3:00 minutes in, I'd want dude #4 to be dude #1 from now on. Especially if I had to be dude #3.

Cool vid.

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,586 Posts
I have never understood the semi-auto only philosophy at those short distances with the MP5.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have found there is a mythos built around the issue of automatic fire's "lack of controllability", especially amongst those who don't get out to the real world. Even some who would/should know better, argue against it.

I've spent much time trying to educate about what controlled automatic fire is, but without much success.

This also is an issue with any training environment vs the real world, i.e., the "School Solution".

On occassion, location based training (military posts for ex.), unit SOP's and safety plans can have range safety regs built into them. While these are usually adhered to, the instructors and students have to understand the venues when and where they can be ignored.

I acknowledge the issue is at odds with the train as you fight philosophy, but until the military and law enforcement as a whole accept that firing ranges and weapons are dangerous things, and you are training people to do dangerous things, you can't put too much of a safety cushion around the eggs.

One can only hope to enhance weapon manipulation skills to the point of fluency so that safe handling skills are second nature, and try to weed out the dumb****s, and/or prevent stupid mistakes.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Ammo consumption issues and what we call "low percentage targets" (IE human shield or target behind cover where only a small portion is visible) dictate the use of semi-auto.

I agree with the above, automatic fire can be managed very well in properly trained hands, but in CQB it isn't really needed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The semi only had to do with the resposibility for every shot fired!
Nothing for a war zone indeed.
But for police work is is more than necesarry!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts