HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The good
My vector 93 arrived the day before yesterday. I ordered it from Kelly Enterprises and that turned out to be a great transaction. The rifle shipped the day he said it would and arrived when expected. Upon inspection of the rifle I found it was lacking the Paratrooper(a3) stock I ordered with it. One quick phone call to KE had that resolved. Chuck was very helpful and worked to get the part shipped same day. I would recommend him to anyone.

Now for the Bad
I made it out to the range yesterday to Break in the rifle. I put 55 rounds through the rifle and it never hiccuped. The plan was to shoot 100 rounds but I changed my mind. I decided to shoot from 25 yards to see if the sights needed to be zeroed. All 55 rounds hit one foot low and one foot right at 25 yards. I managed to max out the sight adjustment to try and fix it, but still no joy. I have since sent an email to vector to get it fixed under warranty. I am still impressed by the rifle and plan to keep it but the problem needs to be corrected.

Here is a picture of the target I shot at

Now theres a grouping LoL
But let me assure you that the burm behind the target wont be hurting anyone anymore.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nice post. That pic of the front sight shows what looks like the post insert hanging off to a side...

Also, did you use a rear sight adjustment tool to get the max adjust?
I did not use one, but looks like I will get one. Btw the front post is attached with a roll pin so would that be an easy fix?

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
I've never removed one myself...hopefully someone else will jump in here and let us know how easy / hard that is to remove and adjust. I'll bet once that guy is properly inserted that you'll be golden.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Sounds like we have the exact same issue. I got a 93k from him a few months ago and sent it back to vector last month after one trip to the range because with the windage all the way to the stops, my rifle was still shooting 2 feet left at 100yd. Was your barrel full of grease and unfired? I know mine wasn't test fired because the chamber was packed full and there was no carbon anywhere on the rifle. I feel like vector is having a QC issue right now with rifles having problems being sighted in. Including mine this is the 3rd rifle I've heard about with the exact same problem.

If you send it back to vector you're going to have a bit of a wait, mine has been there for about 5 weeks now and as of a few days ago it is still in the queue for repair.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
How any manufacturer can send stuff like that out amazes me.. in this day of easy internet picture posting it can really hurt a rep, fast.. what would it take, a 5 minute inspection after the build to look for obvious defects?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This one is definately obvious, but im thinking I can fix the sight on my own. btw I ordered the paratrooper one and they forgot the a3 stock. I have no idea when I will get it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you do not already have a set, get a set of "roll pin punches". They designed to drift roll pins without damage. There are two types 1) has a hollow end designed to hold the roll pin so it can be started and driven almost all the way in and 2) has a small dimple on the end to keep it centered on the pin as you drive it the final small distance.

I have built several AR type rifles and roll pin punches make it much easier.

Kevin

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a similar problem with my Vector V-53 SBR. It functions great, but the point of aim is WAY off target. I bought this rifle new from a dealer who got it straight from Vector. I contacted Vector about the problem and they had me send it back to them.

After 4 weeks, they sent it back with a note inside that said they "tweaked" the cocking tube. Back to the range. Still won't hit a target. I tried to contact Vector several more times and got an answering machine. Left my name and number several times. I never did get any replies.

So, I said to heck with it. If Vector isn't going to stand behind their product, I'll just use a rail mounted optic. Now we have another problem. Neither the claw mount from my HK-93 or the aftermarket rail mount will fit the receiver.

So, I look around on the internet and everyone says that RTDS is the place to send HK's or clones with problems. I contacted them and they said they had heard of and dealt with this problem and to send it to them and they'd fix it.

I sent it and called 3 weeks later to check on it and see what the progress was. The guy answering the phone said he had no idea what I was talking about. I gave him the shipping information and answered a few questions and he finally found it on his log sheet.

After digging around through the building for 15 minutes he got back on the phone and said that he had found it and would get to it when he could. I called a couple of weeks later and he said that he had taken it to the range and it worked just fine for him, no problems with the sights at all. I've been shooting rifles for the last 40 years and I know how to sight in and shoot a rifle. I'm not the problem.

We then address the problem of the mounts not fitting. He told me that Vector receivers are not HK spec and the areas where the claw grabs the receiver have to be machined. He said that he had the equipment to do it and quoted me a price.

A few days later I get a call and he is telling me he is done and it's ready to come back. He then tells me that when he machined the areas we talked about, he cut completely through the receiver. He tells me not to worry about it, that it's because the receiver is not HK Spec and it will function fine and my fee for his services is $235.00.

I get the rifle back and sure enough there is a hole in the side of the receiver and it still won't hit point of aim.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I'm sorry to hear your experiences. This why I would only have one built by one of the well known smith's that participate on this site. If you're gunna have problems like this, you might as well save some keeesh and buy a C93. At least you never have expectations so you're not let down and you spend alot less money in the process. I've had my own problems with Vector as of late but had better luck with early Vector..

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have now emailed vector 3 times with no response. Any thoughts on how to handle this?
I am actually happen I got a c93 peice of crap it is. Even with the repairs it was about same price as vector and now has in spec parts and a kick butt barrel. With my knowledge now id buy a c93 any day before a v93. 5 year warranty but most of it will be used by waiting on the phone and waiting for it to even come back if it does come back ok.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts