HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:79:Hello all. Purchased a VP9 about 8 months ago. Been to the range with it about a half dozen times since I purchased it. Was at the range few days ago, and she decided to stovepipe on me about 3 times. This was after about 80 or 100 rounds down range. Handled about 50 rounds of reloads fine that were loaded significantly lighter than the factory Remingtons.

Had this same problem about 6 months ago with the same Remington UMC yellow box 250 count ammo. If anyone has had any similar problem with the VP9, please share your story and feel free to provide advice.

I was in possession of a Glock G19 Gen.3 for a few years before I purchased the VP9, and never had a stove-piping problem. Instead I would get hit the the head with ejected casings and it was no where near as accurate :p.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
I never liked UMC ammo, switch ammo and see if she behaves.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok guys thank you! That's what my father said. I have one last 250 rd box of that Remington UMC stuff, so I will use the rest of that up and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
All of the above plus Blazer Brass, PMC, S&B, Fiocchi and Perfecta without any problems whatsoever. I don't use the UMC or Winchester White Box unless I have run out of everything else, which doesn't happen very often.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All of the above plus Blazer Brass, PMC, S&B, Fiocchi and Perfecta without any problems whatsoever. I don't use the UMC or Winchester White Box unless I have run out of everything else, which doesn't happen very often.
Ok excellent. I will keep that in mind.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I can say that I have fired thousands of rounds of various brands of 115 gr. for range and training ammo and have never had any problems at all. These pistols included a P30, P30l ( other than break-in which I used 124) P2000, 2 VP9 , Beretta 92fs, S&W Shield and a Glock 19. YMMV.

·
Priest of the P7
5,067 Posts
115gr is fine and sometimes less expensive. If you're shooting thousand+ rounds/month a few cents/round can add up. My favorites are Lawman and Blazer brass. As a general rule, I've found Remington ammo to suck as badly as WWB.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Any recommended ammo? Lawman? Federal? American Eagle?

I haven't gone as heavy as 147 gr, but any 115 and 124 I've put through the VP9 has been eaten up and spit out............so Remington, PMC, Magtech, Hornady SD ammo, Magtech bonded, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts