HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i'm sure this has been asked before, but i have money saved, i would like to get a classic hk pistol to go with my modern ones. i was thinking of an hk4 in .380 or vp70z, i have not fired ether of these and have no experence with them, but they're hk's so they have to be good sidearms right. i would use it only as a range gun and feed it only good factory ammo. what are the pros and cons of both? thanks for your time and replies.

·
2,832 Posts
I'd say look for a HK4 in 32 and 22, even just the 22(the one I shoot the most)......its a lot of fun(and cheap) in that gun and very accurate(for what it is) and the 32 is better for the gun(range use) than the 380. Seen a few 32/22 kits sell for $400-ish recently(about the same as the VP70z)

the VP70Z is a neat gun, but I dont think you will shoot it more than 1-2 times, really crappy trigger(long and heavy).

·
Registered
24 Posts
I agree with Landpimp, I have both and the VP70 is just for my collection and really nothing more. I have the model with all the calibers ad dont recommend shooting the .380 as it tears up the buffer ( got 5 from numrich the other day) but the .22 and .32 are fun to shoot. The VP is cool looking but it is big and the mags are are expensive and the trigger really sucks! but the 18 round mag is nice and I really like the sights. I would definitely buy the HK4.

Josh

·
2,832 Posts
another option if your looking for a vintage HK is the P9s, will cost a bit more(600-700) but its more fun than either the VP70 or HK4

·
Registered
221 Posts
i would get the HK4 w/ all 4 calibers.

i also hope u already have a P7.

P9 is great too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts