HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Nice! I’m not crazy about running a dot on a pistol but I love seeing HK respond “Quickly” to consumer demand

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As others have stated it does not co witness with the sights. The rear sight is stamped with an XS logo. So the iron sights seem to be XS Big Dot sights. With the mounting plate it looks like the very top of the rear sight sits about even or slightly lower than the lowest level of the RMR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Very nice, congrats. Can someone tell me what's the purpose of wanting the dot to cowitness with the iron sights? does that mean the dot would be on the dot or fiber optic of the front sight? It seems to me that would make using the dot harder. I haven't shot a dot much but from what I understand you just put the dot on target and pull the trigger, so wouldn't you instinctively try to line up the red dot with the front sight? Seems like it would slow you down and defeat the purpose of the optic.

·
Registered
122 Posts
How is that new rear iron sight blacked out? Is it a factory HK or do they use an after market rear sight? Just curious haven’t gotten a good look at it.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Nice score, I'm a new guy here and the VP9 is what got me to come here to learn from the vast knowledge of the forum.
Did you try it yet?
how are the 3 piece handle attachments ?

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Very nice, congrats. Can someone tell me what's the purpose of wanting the dot to cowitness with the iron sights? does that mean the dot would be on the dot or fiber optic of the front sight? It seems to me that would make using the dot harder. I haven't shot a dot much but from what I understand you just put the dot on target and pull the trigger, so wouldn't you instinctively try to line up the red dot with the front sight? Seems like it would slow you down and defeat the purpose of the optic.
It’s so when guys who are “operating” out at their local Walmart, if their dot fails they have backup sights to use to fight off all the toilet paper hoarders.

·
Registered
635 Posts
When I took Gabe Suarez'z class on using red dot sights I had a spiffy G 17 with do=witness sights. The technique he taught, effeceively, was to look as normal for the front sight and darned it the red dot was there. A solid day of practice at multiple distances had all of us pretty darn deadly. I want to do the same with my HK once I decide on the p30 or the VP/40 and get the 357 Sig barrel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts