HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting an Obsidian 45 suppressor..sometime..hopefully if the ATF ever gets around to it.

Anyway, I have a USP 45 with a threaded barrel, and a VP9 Tactical I just got. Can I just call HKUSA and they will sell me the tall sights (is it the Meprolights?) for both, and I can ship them both my slides and they'll send them back?

Or am I better off buying the sights myself and sending it with them?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
The Meprolight adjustable night sights are sold on HKWebshop for $109 or you can purchase it for less from Amazon for $91. They will work with your USP 45 but not your VP9t. The non-adjustable Meprolight sights are not tall enough to clear the suppressor so you might want to look at the Heinie Tactical sights for your VP9t. Meprolight is supposed to be working on adjustable sights for the P30/VP series but I am not sure when those will be out.

https://www.amazon.com/Heckler-Koch-Meprolight-Adjustable-701101/dp/B0081U6AFU

HKCS will install them if you purchase from them or send them in with your slide.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I am transitioning from Meps to Heinie 8's. They are stronger and also I prefer the more iron like sight configuration with just a tad of trititum for guidance. Be aware that suppressor height sights do not work in most sight pushers. The Heinies do not require such pushers since they use set screws. So the tool is only to remove the existing sights prior to install, which can also be done using a brass punch.
As TooSixy indicated on pricing, shop aorund for best prices once you decide the sights you want.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Beware that Heinie makes a few different versions. The latest Heinie EZ-Lock version does not require a sight pusher as they use set screws, as estesmonkey has stated above. They just slide in and you just turn the screws to tighten them. These are the easiest installations that I have done. Linked below is one of such EZ-Lock sights.

Having said that, other Heinie versions will still require a sight pusher to install properly, if you are not too fond of the old punch-and-hammer method.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Heinie-HK45-C-P30-L-SK-VP9-Tactical-SlantPro-QWIK-367p2125.htm

·
Registered
127 Posts
I purchased these for my P30L to host my TiRant. I personally had major fitting issues for my front sight. I could not get it in without major fitting. The rear sight went in fine but after running it I noticed the recoil made the rear drift off center. Come to find out, the set screws would not tighten properly with the allen wrench due to the small size being not strong enough to tighten without rounding. I contacted Heinie and they asked me to send it in. They more than made it right by replacing and installing both. The turn around was less than a week to my door. Bottom line, I love the sights but highly suggest sending it to Heinie for a cheap and quick install.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Does anyone use/know of a tall 3-dot configuration for the VP9? I'd prefer that to the 8. I guess you can learn how far apart the dots should be for proper elevation alignment, but there's no real visual indicator if you can't see the blade. 3-dot, just line them up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts