HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I would go so far as to say that any factory HK pistol's barrel is equal to any other HK-factory pistol barrel.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Cannon grade cold hammer forged baby!

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,215 Posts
Barrels are considered the best thing that H&K produces from the quality of the material to the engineering, machinery/tooling, finishing, inspection, service life and accuracy.
No skimping was done on the VP9.
You've got better things to spend time being concerned about.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The manual seems to imply the VP9 barrel is just a slightly longer P30 barrel. It obliquely references the p30 91,000 round torture test to talk about the longevity of the VP9 barrel. Maybe I'm falling for marketing, but I think of the VP9 barrel as functionally identical, different in dimension.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
My first VP9 has almost 10K down her throat, with a little MPro7 LPX and routine cleanings, looks pretty much brand new...mirror like finish in the pipe and feed ramp. I think this one, and my other, will last longer than I will.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,215 Posts
Here's a little Armorer Course reading. http://www.hkpro.com/forum/teufelshund-tactical/213342-notes-vp9-armorer-course.html
One of the things that always stands out to me from attending these course is when we cover the barrel "go" and "no go" gauges, which measure if a barrel is in or out of spec. When you insert the "no go" gauge into a barrel and see how far it would have to travel before that barrel would be found to be out of spec or "shot out", you realize just how much life HK barrels have. Likely more use than any of us will ever achieve.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts