1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
HK Shooting Team
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
279 Posts
Wow ! Great shooting . I'd like to know what load you were using in the VP9 and also what sights you have on it .
Thanks in advance .

·
HK Shooting Team
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow ! Great shooting . I'd like to know what load you were using in the VP9 and also what sights you have on it .
Thanks in advance .
Blazer Brass 115gr, I am running Dawson sights for this match.....Competition rear with fiber front

Thank you!

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Great job Team HK! :D
Yall rock!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Badass....nice shooting DG.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Excellent work. I always enjoy watching you run bystok.

Nowhere near as sophisticated of a match, but yesterday I beasted the pistol stage at a local 3-gun with my VP9, achieving the best stage score of the match with a clean run.

I wound up in the middle score wise. I only had an 870 riot gun and brought a steyr AUG to see how it would do. "meh." It ran great, but apparently ANY upward pressure on the forward grip really skews the shots. I got it figured out but it cost a lot of time.

So I was on a rooftop simulator shooting at 9 targets from 120 to 160Y and had the foregrip touching the rooftop. Bad idea. They went surprisingly high.

The VP9 was the star of the show for me, and pulled me up from the bottom.

I was thinking about bringing the tavor too. Next time.

·
HK Shooting Team
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Excellent work. I always enjoy watching you run bystok.

Nowhere near as sophisticated of a match, but yesterday I beasted the pistol stage at a local 3-gun with my VP9, achieving the best stage score of the match with a clean run.

I wound up in the middle score wise. I only had an 870 riot gun and brought a steyr AUG to see how it would do. "meh." It ran great, but apparently ANY upward pressure on the forward grip really skews the shots. I got it figured out but it cost a lot of time.

So I was on a rooftop simulator shooting at 9 targets from 120 to 160Y and had the foregrip touching the rooftop. Bad idea. They went surprisingly high.

The VP9 was the star of the show for me, and pulled me up from the bottom.

I was thinking about bringing the tavor too. Next time.
Great to hear!!!! Fun to use the equipment under time pressure/stress at a match, isn't it!?!?!? Good job and be sure to share some videos!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I shoot a lot of matches, but most are long range sniper and DMR comps. That's my wheel house, where this is obviously yours.

I don't think anyone took videos. It was a wide open club with no shade and nobody had sunblock so we were all very drained and badly sunburnt by the end.

Learning that limitation of the AUG was worth the trip though.

Next time I'm probably bringing the scar and I'll be playing for keeps and will try to get some vids.

I do have some from DMR matches:

Here's some from the kind of match I usually shoot. First is a sentry with a K9. You shoot the sentry and the dog takes off running. Distance is 300Y. I had eight hits on the dog by the time he came down. I shoot an 18" AR, but if HK would make a DMR version of the MR556 with an 18" barrel, I'd buy it and run that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UvvobeNTBM

This one is called "the gaggle of Dix." Five targets that all scatter for the edges on the first shot. I hit three/five.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YumPuh5Cbj4

Here's another cool one. Zig zag mover at 400Y. It follows a prescribed track and shooters get one look at it to plan out their engagement zones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTB1Ugx0pgQ

1 - 20 of 25 Posts