HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hopefully soon. Didn't see anything about the possible colorings offered on the new variants in yesterday's thread. The gray was ultimately the reason I decided to get my VP9, loved the aesthetics. I would buy a threaded gray in a heartbeat.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
2,884 Posts
Hopefully soon. Didn't see anything about the possible colorings offered on the new variants in yesterday's thread. The gray was ultimately the reason I decided to get my VP9, loved the aesthetics. I would buy a threaded gray in a heartbeat.
Me too. Isn't the tactical just a threaded barrel added plus the .40 cal recoil spring (and lettering on the slide of course)? So could a person build their own tactical from a standard gray fairly easily (obviously without the benefit of the cool "Tactical" on the slide)?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Me too. Isn't the tactical just a threaded barrel added plus the .40 cal recoil spring (and lettering on the slide of course)? So could a person build their own tactical from a standard gray fairly easily (obviously without the benefit of the cool "Tactical" on the slide)?
All of the VP9s have the VP40 recoil assembly now, not just the tactical's. So the only difference is the TACTICAL roll mark and the threaded barrel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
All of the VP9s have the VP40 recoil assembly now, not just the tactical's. So the only difference is the TACTICAL roll mark and the threaded barrel.
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-German-VP9-VP9-Tactical-Threaded-Barrel-13-5-X-1-367p17995.htm

So you're saying this barrel is the only difference? Also interesting how they have one for sale with the thread protector and one without. I'm probably going to go with the German one and buy the thread protector separately.

·
Registered
493 Posts
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-German-VP9-VP9-Tactical-Threaded-Barrel-13-5-X-1-367p17995.htm

So you're saying this barrel is the only difference? Also interesting how they have one for sale with the thread protector and one without. I'm probably going to go with the German one and buy the thread protector separately.
That is the HK made barrel, the other 2 from HKparts.net are made by RCM (one is 1/2 x 28 thread pitch and the other is 13.5 x 1 left hand thread). Silencerco also makes a threaded barrel for the VP9. I have the silencerco barrel.

The HK barrel is polygonal rifling and all of the others I listed are standard land and groove.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
2,884 Posts
I didn't know that. Thanks! So the extra cost in the Tactical ($699 on CDNN) as compared to regular VP9 ($639 on CDNN) is just for the barrel and cool factor! Worth it for less than $100 but I'll hold out for a gray tactical or FDE tactical first.

The HK barrel is polygonal rifling and all of the others I listed are standard land and groove.
polygonal rifling makes it extra tactical

1 - 7 of 7 Posts