HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, about a little under 200rds and the OEM dot in the front sight of my new VP9 fell out so I need replace it with something. I'm new enough to shooting that I'm not sure if I want to go full bananas on a RMR/red dot like a fast fire/venom vs maybe a decent set of fiber optic/tritium combo sights.

No competition nor plan on it in the immediate future, don't carry it- it's mostly for range fun and home def.

I was wondering what you folks think re keeping price below maybe $250.

I like the idea of a fastfire/venom but don't want to send the slide out for like 3-6 weeks and $200 + optic and be out $400+ on a $500 gun just for optics at this point. On that note, has anyone tried the red dot mount plates that fit into the rear sight trough?

I'm leaning towards a sub-$150 trit/fiber sight combo.

Thanks all

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
You can call HKCS and either send it in for replacement or ask them to send you a replacement. Just saying.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was planning on calling CS but I wanted to change the sights at some point anyways, this just moved up my timetable a little bit.

It's still shootable, just need to focus a bit more.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
I'm leaning towards a sub-$150 trit/fiber sight combo
If you are going to change them out anyway, sounds like you’re describing the TFX PRO’s. Great sights and fit your budget perameters.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This one looked interesting. I ended up going with the TFX but I may give it a look in the future. I need to shoot a bit more to really know what I like and don't.

It is very thin indeed. Too bad no pix though.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts