HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a mid rise holster in any retention style (beggars can't be choosers right now) but prefer to have some sort of active retention. Went on safariland's sight and they only have vp9 holsters for a light, but no optic. Anyone have any input on holsters for a VP9 with this combo? Kind of at the end of my ropes here. Custom is fine, but I don't know a lot of good quality holster manf outside of TREX Arms, Safariland, etc.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looking for a mid rise holster in any retention style (beggars can't be choosers right now) but prefer to have some sort of active retention. Went on safariland's sight and they only have vp9 holsters for a light, but no optic. Anyone have any input on holsters for a VP9 with this combo? Kind of at the end of my ropes here. Custom is fine, but I don't know a lot of good quality holster manf outside of TREX Arms, Safariland, etc.
Tier 1 concealment holsters have active retention holsters that fit your set up. Its gonna cost around $150 for everything though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's about what I was prepared to pay for a safariland setup anyway. Gonna give them a check out now. Standby.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tier 1 concealment holsters have active retention holsters that fit your set up. Its gonna cost around $150 for everything though.
Looks good man, their optio appears to be just what I need. I bet they even have some for the SIG Scorpion 1911 I just picked up! Good looks man, I appreciate your help.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
If you are looking for a duty style holster;
Red River Tactical just made me a duty holster for my HK45 with an RMR and X300U.

also Dara

for a non-duty style holster, Kaluban Cloak

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bit late to the thread but I am also in search of the same except it needs to be duty capable so I'm not really considering anything that doesn't have a proven track record or requires much modding. I happened across this video where it appears an optic/light equipped VP9 in a Safariland holster. In the comments he confirms the VP9 fits in a model for a M&P 2.0, 5", but the ALS does not retain it 100% reliably and the ALS/SLS combination is the only way to be sure it'll stay in the holster. I've got the link but my post count is too low to submit it. Its titled Patrol Duty Belt Setup for Police/SWAT (2019) from Qore Performance if you care to check it out. I tried to get a follow up on his exact setup and clarification but its Youtube comments and a bit down at this point so I don't really expect a response.

Buddy of mine has a 7TS (7300 series) light bearing for an iron sighted M&P 2.0, 4.25" and I was able to ascertain my standard slide VP9 with a X-300u does fit and reliably engage the ALS. This, plus the fact that video was for a guy's patrol/SWAT rig, makes me confident it'll probably work but there are still slight variables with his setup and mine. Specifically, I am looking to holster a VP9L slide with a RMR and X300u. I'd rather not wait months on a holster for a gun I don't have and I'm hoping someone out there might have access to a combination of these things and be able to check it out and report back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts