HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this Surefire XC1 and decided to try it out on my VP9. 200 Lumens in a very nice small package.

·
Super Moderator
6,070 Posts
I'm actually looking to go that route with my Carry VP9. IF you run into any problems hit me up, and if it's going good, let me know also if you don't mind. It's a slick setup.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm actually looking to go that route with my Carry VP9. IF you run into any problems hit me up, and if it's going good, let me know also if you don't mind. It's a slick setup.
Several people are severely unhappy with the XC1 in a thread over on M4C. Not sure if it's ok to link to that thread here, but the gist of it is that they ran into switch and flickering issues.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Several people are severely unhappy with the XC1 in a thread over on M4C. Not sure if it's ok to link to that thread here, but the gist of it is that they ran into switch and flickering issues.
If that happens will send to SF and they will correct it. Their customer service is excellent. I have not had any problems with any other Surefire that I own and I have 2 other weapon lights and probably 6 flashlights.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If that happens will send to SF and they will correct it. Their customer service is excellent. I have not had any problems with any other Surefire that I own and I have 2 other weapon lights and probably 6 flashlights.
I totally agree with you and in no way meant to badmouth your purchase. I have several Surefire lights that have been with me for many years and have no complaints personally. But reports of terrible customer service (on hold on the phone for hours) and product issues seem to be increasing as of late. Again, not my personal experience so far, just hearsay.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I totally agree with you and in no way meant to badmouth your purchase. I have several Surefire lights that have been with me for many years and have no complaints personally. But reports of terrible customer service (on hold on the phone for hours) and product issues seem to be increasing as of late. Again, not my personal experience so far, just hearsay.
True, They have went from one of the best in customer service to one of the worst, if you get ahold of anyone you even get attitude, I have two of those lights, one flickers in recoil, the other one of the switch is so stiff you push the whole gun downward trying to activate it. Ring, Ring, push numbers, 2 hours of hold and then the phone just hangs up, repeat. Finally get someone on the phone and it's try new batteries, even though that only addresses the flickering on constant on during recoil, explain you have changed batteries to different types including their recommended type and for some reason it's still something you are doing wrong. Called a few years ago on another issue, needed a simple 5 dollar part, they said they only use email, ordered it three times, never showed. Finally found one on Ebay.They have went from one of the best in customer service to one of the worst.

I even explained I have perhaps 4 grand worth of their lights on various weapons I have bought over the past 15 years. They don't seem to care at all. They went from my first choice to my last resort.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've seen mixed reviews, too, including on Amazon... So, I'm holding off for the XC2.

·
Priest of the P7
5,397 Posts
True, They have went from one of the best in customer service to one of the worst, if you get ahold of anyone you even get attitude, I have two of those lights, one flickers in recoil, the other one of the switch is so stiff you push the whole gun downward trying to activate it. Ring, Ring, push numbers, 2 hours of hold and then the phone just hangs up, repeat. Finally get someone on the phone and it's try new batteries, even though that only addresses the flickering on constant on during recoil, explain you have changed batteries to different types including their recommended type and for some reason it's still something you are doing wrong. Called a few years ago on another issue, needed a simple 5 dollar part, they said they only use email, ordered it three times, never showed. Finally found one on Ebay.They have went from one of the best in customer service to one of the worst.

I even explained I have perhaps 4 grand worth of their lights on various weapons I have bought over the past 15 years. They don't seem to care at all. They went from my first choice to my last resort.
That's a bummer to hear. Between flashlights, weaponlights and suppressors I'm tens of thousand$ deep into Surefire, and mostly because I haven't needed their customer service because their stuff has always worked.. It's not comforting to know that if I ever do it's going to be a big hassle.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I used their customer service once when I traded into a flashlight of theirs. It had some nicks / pits in the lens so I called them and asked if I could pay for a new lens to be installed since I was not the original buyer of the light. They had me send it to them for evaluation. About two weeks later they sent it back to me with a completely new head installed with a newer generation LED at no charge, so that is what I base my opinion on. And that I have never had any other problems with about 8 of their other items that I own. It would be disappointing to find that they have lost quality in their products or customer service.

·
Registered
199 Posts
That's a bummer to hear. Between flashlights, weaponlights and suppressors I'm tens of thousand$ deep into Surefire, and mostly because I haven't needed their customer service because their stuff has always worked.. It's not comforting to know that if I ever do it's going to be a big hassle.
It's sad, years ago I called about a MP5 forearm light, wanted the monetary and constant on their top model at the time, just had momentary on one side and on off on the other that disabled the light completely so all that switch did was enable the momentary, they offered to rewire the on off switch that disabled the light completely to a constant on (without hitting momentary) and off (without disabling the monetary.) for a very small fee. After five calls, endless dumped calls after a hour plus on hold and total attitude when I just want a part or have an issue I have lost all faith in the company.

On the few lights I have bought in the past year I go with ### prime, I just don't want to stick my local gun shop with one if it is defective and with prime I have can send it back easy for a month or so if I have issues.

I will say quality is solid on everything I have bought in the past 12 months (a few different ones for my M16 uppers and two XC1s) except for the XC1(s), that one is hit and miss, some are fine, mine were replaced by #### prime (not surefire) sad as it is so easy with that size to carry IWB with the light and right holster.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.