HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This has happened to my VP9 since I got it. At first I thought it was just a grip issue.

Over the past few weeks I've been getting to the range more often and was finally able to shoot it regularly. I'm left handed and I've tried multiple grips, even shooting it while only gripping the bottom half of the grip to be totally 100% certain my hand isn't interfering with the slide release.

The strangest part is I don't have this issue while shooting it with my right hand. I am 100% certain my hand is not hitting any slide release or anything else so it must be the way it recoils in my left hand versus right hand?

please ignore the ****ty trigger manipulation in the video above. I promise it's better when I'm not trying to record myself and dodge brass...

·
Registered
446 Posts
It is acting like you are missing this retaining clip:

which snaps over the top of the right side slide release axle in this slot in the right side of the frame:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup that must be it as it's definitely missing from my gun. Now I just gotta figure out where to find one of these little clips up here in Canada.

Thanks for the quick reply!

EDIT: I'm sure it came with my gun. I must have just knocked it off when I did the first field strip and clean and it's probably lost on the ground somewhere forever.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Yup that must be it as it's definitely missing from my gun. Now I just gotta figure out where to find one of these little clips up here in Canada.

EDIT: I'm sure it came with my gun. I must have just knocked it off when I did the first field strip and clean and it's probably lost on the ground somewhere forever.
Call HK Customer Service and buy one from them, they always have the best price on parts.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts

Yes, they are still with us... my VP40 .357 SIG barrel arrives today... $2.95 for that missing part:

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Safety-Clamp-VP9-VP40-367p16795.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts