HKPRO Forums banner

Vp9 issue

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Aegis 
#1 ·
Hey guys, so I bought a VP9 last month and I've put 400 rounds through it in 2 trips to the range. After the first trip the take up in the trigger feels pretty gritty. I tried throwing some lube at it and it didn't seem to help. I'm assuming it got dirty some how and I'm not sure how I can best clean it.

#2 ·
There's a great thread here on how to detail strip the VP9:
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-reference-library/205189-how-detail-strip-vp9.html

I'd recommend stripping it down to whatever level you are comfortable doing and might as well polish the "hump" on the disconnector while you're in there. I have found that the VP9 runs best nearly dry, it doesn't need to have a lot of lube in it. Especially with all of the little springs and recesses in the frame, there are a lot of places for excess lube to collect and gather grit. The first time I stripped mine completely down to install the Lobos trigger after several thousand rounds, I was amazed and how dirty some of the deep down internal parts were. Now I detail strip it every couple thousand rounds, check everything over, clean, etc.

Also, everything will smooth out with more rounds as well, couple thousands and you're just getting started.

#7 ·
I haven't done anything about it yet, I'm going to strip her down here in the next couple of days. Wipe it all down with brake clean and then just wipe it all with a lighly oiled rag. Now I have another question, the pistol I have has the original red painted recoil spring. Does the vp40 spring that all the newer models have cycle fine with 115 grain range ammo? Has anyone tried that stainless steel guide rod and spring and if so do they like it more?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.