HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I just got a VP9 on a trade and took it to the range this afternoon. For some reason, the trigger block bolt is working its way out of the frame during shooting. It backs out about 1/8" after a few rounds and I get a failure to fire once this happens. Just a dead trigger until I push the pin back in. Searching didn't help, and I'm unfamiliar with this weapon. Please help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am guessing someone has taken apart, i would contact HK support and get it sent to them for inspection and needed repair, since it's used the cost will be on you again i am just guessing.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Weird that it would back out on its own. I had to really press mine with leverage to get it out. Is yours distorted in someway?

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
My NIB VP9 has been flawless.
Yours is used and suspect.
Find a good gunsmith to deal with it.
Or better yet send it to HKCS and let them sort it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies so far! It was taken apart buy a gunsmith for a Cerakote job, says the previous owner. I took it apart and found 2 things. The TRS spring sucks, and the trigger block bolt was not seated all the way in. It was flush with the outside of the frame. I don't know if it was like this before I shot it or not so I'll have to head to range again to try it out.

·
Banned
18,624 Posts
Take a punch and push that block bolt in so that it sits slightly below the surface, not flush, as shown in the below pic.
Also inspect the area to make sure it was not buggered up by the previous owner/gunsmith.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TooSixy thats what I did. It is seated all the way in now. Also, it was your tutorial that helped me reassemble the gun and that horrible spring. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts