HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen one in person yet, but have heard some people say that the FDE on the HK VP9 is different looking. Doesn't look close to Magpul FDE. Just seeing what people think of the color...I'm gonna try to find one to look at in person before purchasing. Just picked up 5 mags and would like to buy the VP9 before the upcoming craze!

·
Registered
137 Posts
It's more of a RAL8000 color code. I have one and personally love the color,more of a coyote tan imo. But yeah do pick one up before shtf with the elections. Try topgunsupply or gunbuyer,even cdnn,picked mine up for $620 LE edition not to long ago. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea it's the last thing on my list....for now..I imagine it's gonna get pretty crazy in a month so you're right, I better get it now!! FYI MIdway has a good deal on VP9 mags now with a code for free shipping over 150.00. Got 5 mags for 159.90 to the door.

·
Super Moderator
6,069 Posts
It's definitely richer and deeper than Magpul FDE. IT's also not like traditional HK FDE either (RAL8000) it has been designated as RAL7008

·
Registered
6 Posts
I first saw the VP9 FDE-LE in a gun store in June and the non-black color and night sights sold me on buying one instead of the black frame original version with standard sights. The handle on the box my VP9 FDE-LE shipped in was clearly engraved with RAL7008 [along with other info]. I had no idea what this meant so I googled RAL 7008 and was surprised 7008 is designated a "Khaki grey" by the German color authority RAL. Looking further on the RAL web site I learned RAL 8000 is classed a "Green brown", so there is a big difference between the two colors.

https://www.ralcolorchart.com/ral-7008-khaki-grey

https://www.ralcolorchart.com/ral-8000-green-brown

In any color it's a great handling and shooting 9mm pistol. Hope you can find one to buy soon!

Konrad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts